Financial Analyst - North America Expenses
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Allianz Global Risks US
- 03 Apr 18 2018-04-03
The North America Planning and Performance Management team is responsible for coordinating and developing AGCS planning, reporting and budgeting activities for North America Lines of Business and Business Functions. This includes providing analytical support to AGCS Regional Management and Global Functional Leadership.
The role as Financial Analyst has the direct Expense control for IT and Organization and Business Transformation that includes responsibility for planning, controlling and reporting costs. The candidate should actively demonstrate process improvement, best practice and teamwork. In addition, Finance tasks & activities related to the total Region (e.g. preparation for the local EMT Meeting) are shared by the team.
• Provide analysis and presentation for own area of responsibility (e.g. LoB/ regional/ expense analysis, etc.), identify key drivers, risks and opportunities and provide recommendations. Present conclusions in a transparent way with robust financial commentary to enable decision making.
• Manage regular reporting, forecasting and planning processes in own area of responsibility (e.g. LoB / regional / expenses, etc.) and in line with both customer and global requirements.
• Manage business as usual tasks in own area of responsibility (e.g. customer requests, target achievement calculations).
• Perform ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
• Drive best practice sharing, efficiency increases, global standard setting and harmonization
- Aligning and coordinating own area of responsibility with other CFO colleagues.
- Cross functional collaboration across the business to enhance overall business understanding.
- Find opportunities to improve and streamline processes.
- Coordinate global processes.
• Participate in projects and implement initiatives as required.
• Support the leadership of North America based IT and Organization and Business Transformation
• Using Analysis and Metrics to assist business leaders with complex cost analysis
• Be an Expert at data manipulation, analysis, report preparation, presentatio
• Excellent tertiary qualification (ideally Master), preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or qualified by experience in related discipline
• 1-3 years of professional experience in the financial services industry, ideally P&C insurance or but other industries will be considered
• Proven experience in planning and performance management of financials statements and respective analysis.
• Proven experience in communication of results to a variety of stakeholders.
• Project and team work – ideally in an international and dynamic environment.
• Excel and PowerPoint skills to effectively analyze data and convey messages in a winning fashion. Ideally knowledge about reporting tools (e.g. SAP).
• Finance and Insurance know-how (ideally P&C) as well as understanding of complexities inherent in an insurance group (consolidation processes, legal vs management view) allowing for cross-departmental thinking and acting
• Understanding insurance financial statements and their performance measurement.
• Solid analytical Thinking and Numeracy and the ability to identify patterns and root causes in complex (e.g. ambiguous, from various sources) data and processes to rapidly distill key issues and provide insight in various situations.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to identify and initiate appropriate actions to remediate issues that can be abstract / ambiguous and follow through on their remediation.
• Ability to understand, elaborate and convey information clearly and effectively in respect to the audience / level of management (both verbal and in writing).