Financial Intelligence Team Lead, Reports
Anti-Money Laundering Financial Intelligence Team Lead, Currency Transaction Reporting Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Anti-Money-Laundering-Financial-Intelligence-Team-Lead--Currency-Transaction-Reporting_R200013115-1/apply
200 W Adams Street
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Conducts investigations to identify, assess, decision and report on activity that indicates an exposure to financial crimes. Ensures potential threats and investigations are evaluated, documented, managed and escalated by following standard operating procedures. Provides subject matter expertise and oversight of criminal risk by following a disciplined and intelligence-based approach to detection and research of activities and events in alignment with criminal risk frameworks and standards to ensure compliance as well as support trending, analysis and insights generation.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders (e.g. law enforcement agencies and other Financial Institutions to collaborate in investigations).
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- May perform risk-based assessments of incidents/cases referred from others to determine the course of action.
- May oversee the preparation of reports, notifications and activity/case filings per guidelines and standards.
- Serves as a resource for others in resolving complex issues; communicating and interpreting risk monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Acts as the first point of contact in escalation of issues.
- May assist manager to coordinate, schedule and assign tasks.
- May be required to assist with leadership, onboarding, coaching, training and performance review.
- Monitors and analyzes various information provided through detection systems, tools, reports, or manually to evaluate, investigate and determine required actions.
- Supports the collection of evidence and information to be used for multiple purposes including incident reports/filings, loss prevention, litigation and criminal prosecution, management information and statistics, and process improvements.
- Documents actions and information found throughout the investigation to develop and maintain account/case files.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the financial crime management processes, frameworks and techniques.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Provides notification, information and instructions to internal/external stakeholders related to incidents as necessary.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically, between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Investigative or compliance related experience is required.
- Knowledge of banking products, services, processes, and organization is an asset.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR200013115 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.