Fullstack .NET Developer
- USD90000 - USD115000 per year
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
This startup is looking to assemble a hit squad of the best truly full-stack .NET developers to help create one of the coolest (and soon to be most widely used) software applications in the international money transfer space. Do you have a passion for bleeding-edge technology and a desire to build something that will disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry? APPLY!
This company was founded to optimize and streamline the process of traqnfering money across international borders. With this company's platform, people can send friends and family in different countries over web, mobile, or brick and mortar platforms.
This company is proud of their leadership position in the industry, but they're still committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more online stores, and getting more customers engaged with their platform.
They're a team of about fifty people working out of our office in Chicago's River North neighborhood. They dress how they like, stock an excellent beer selection, boast about their unlimited vacation days, and work to the background of their office Spotify playlists.
Ideally you'll be able to roll up your sleeves and make a tangible contribution right from the start. You'll be able to dig into their codebase to acquaint yourself with it all; the rad new code as well as the gross old stuff that they need to get around to replacing. You'll take a look at the company's business goals and product backlog, and you'll weigh-in on where they should focus next. You're going to get results. You're going to ship code.
You're going to be confronted with something you don't know. You're going to admit it. You're going to rise to the challenge and grow. At some point, you're going to break something. It's bound to happen. You're going to admit it so you and the rest of the development team can work together to resolve it. Then, you're going to stop and learn from it to keep it from happening again. Then, you're going to suck up your pride and get back to getting things done.
Throughout your career here, you're going to grow. A LOT. It's a big platform, but still a small team. That means they're going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, invest in you more and you're going to reap the professional benefits of that.
You're going to play a key role in developing every part of their technology platform. Their site is already stable and scalable, but they have to invest and think bigger to grow their business. You're going to be a key part of that.
You'll stand a little taller every time you buy something online, because you'll be playing a role in making people love their online shopping experience. You'll get in the habit of getting excited to head to work every morning, because you know you'll be working in a place where you can actually get stuff done, surrounded by a group of people you're actually proud to be working with.
They're looking for candidates that can operate across the entire technical stack of a site, with a focus on strong back-end and data-centric development skills.
- Strong professional background in Microsoft .NET, especially C# and ASP.NET.
- Experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Rackspace, AWS, GCP) and working with virtualized systems, including: application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting performance issues in virtualized environments, especially related to relational databases.
- Thorough background of relational database design, development, and basic maintenance.
- Ability to develop technical requirements and architectural specifications from high-level acceptance criteria and great communication skills with non-technical team members.
- Previous experience building and testing REST-ful APIs.
- Understanding of search engine technologies (e.g. ElasticSearch).
- Real-world participation in a DevOps atmosphere.
- Experience with and desire to mentor junior developers.
This company offers the full suite of benefits you'd expect from a profitable, established company like theirs. They offer complete health and dental insurance, commuter benefit, and 401k program. They have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site. We offer an open time-off policy. The beer is free, and they're pretty obsessive about their local coffee.