Global Analyst, Asset Allocation
Summary Responsible for assisting senior partners in the management of investment relationships and funds for both retail and institutional clients in a multi-asset framework. Will work with senior partners on the Global Asset Allocation team including both asset allocation and portfolio strategy groups as well as the Fundamental Equity Research team, primarily with respect to the Model Equity Portfolio. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Support senior partners in the formulation of investment strategy and communication of that strategy.
- Assist with the management of asset allocation and equity models, working with the Managed Accounts Group.
- Assist in the construction, oversight, and marketing of multi-asset portfolios used to fulfill target asset allocations.
- Provide senior partners with statistical and market data, such as market outlook and graphs, for use in creating marketing booklets and other materials for Northern Trust clients. Oversee distribution of reports.
- Bring an intellectual curiosity to Northern Trusts market outlook and portfolio construction processes.
- Display high level of teamwork toward achieving Northern Trusts goals. Maintain a positive influence in the group. Proactively advise Northern Trust partners of issues that may affect client/prospects in either a positive or negative way.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Two to three years industry related experience, preferably in the Multi-Asset business.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide investment recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative information.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) required. Experience with macros and programming (VBA, R, or Python) preferred.
- Working towards CFA or CSIs CIM® designation is required.
- University Degree required, preferably BComm/BS/BA in Finance, Economics or related fields.
About Northern Trust: Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the worlds most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us: As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Wed love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the worlds most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.