Global Security Intelligence Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
This role is responsible for assisting the Intelligence Analyst, Global Security in the day-to-day monitoring of social media, local/regional print media, radio, television and other open-source platforms to collect, store, and process raw information into actionable intelligence.
Employ innovative open-source research techniques to build and analyze networks while analyzing multiple sources to assess whether information is deceptive, biased or in error before reporting to Intelligence Analyst. Additionally, assist in reviewing the results obtained from background check vendors along with other relevant sources of information such as work history or social media to determine an applicant's suitability for employment and ensure any adverse result from a background check are reported to the LCI to which further review may be required. Principal Accountabilities:
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Open Source Monitoring & Analysis
- Report Writing
- Work with vendor to complete new employee background checks
- Conduct security related investigations
- Data Analysis & Analytics
- 2 + years of experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources.
- Experience with conducting open-source investigations, executive protection, incident response and security operations.
- Ability to develop and coordinate hypothesis-driven analytics; ability to apply creative approaches while conducting open source investigations.
- Ability to write high-quality intelligence assessments and briefings for a senior-level audience.
- Ability to develop specific expertise, to discern patterns of complex investigation target behavior, and to communicate an understanding of current and developing security threats.
- Ability to leverage well-honed open source researching expertise to identify and navigate relevant online forums and platforms, including Web sites, social media, and traditional sources to support research and analysis.
- Possess the ability to be flexible and mental agility to support multiple ongoing investigations.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Federal, state and local laws; as well as public records.
- Ability to effectively evaluate suitability of an applicant and prepare sound recommendations based on research and analysis.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Power Point, & Outlook.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree. Preferably in Criminal Justice or Political Science