HCM Developer, Workday Integration
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 22 Jan 19
HCM Developer, Workday Integration
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The HCM Senior Developer is responsible for analysis, design, development and implementation of Workday integrations, reports, business processes and related processes within the Workday HCM modules.
You will collaborate with HR Technology, Workday IT and various CME Internal/External Technology teams on integration design decisions, complex issue resolution, and process design. Ideally you should have 3 to 5 years technical and functional development experience with HCM or a comparable ERP to Workday.
- Partners with HR Technology to lead Workday integration projects, including new module implementations, system upgrades, enhancement packages, releases and process redesign.
- Develops integrations between Workday and 3rd party systems using Workday Studio, Connectors and EIBs
- Develops Simple, Advanced, Composite and Matrix reports to meet end-user requirements. Develops complex reports using BIRT
- Possesses working knowledge of Workday Public Web services, RAAS, Custom Objects and Custom APIs
- Possesses proficiency in XSLT
- Possesses a deep understanding of the various HCM Modules like Core HR, Compensation, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence Management, Payroll Interface, Recruiting, Talent and Performance, and the data flow between these modules
- Prioritizes Workday Application security and safeguarding highly confidential/sensitive data above everything else, while incorporating this mindset into every step of the SDLC. Always operates with a least-privileged access approach when it comes to securing applications and data. Is well versed in configuring integration security policies
- Prioritizes the production support and enhancements queue, and provides guidance to the other Workday Developers and ensures solutions/support are well informed and are delivered in an efficient manner. Provides best practice information for efficacy and compliance purposes.
- Conducts and facilitates complex Workday HCM integration and performance testing, identifies discrepancies and formulates remediation plan. Serves as partner to Global Information Security, Global Assurance and Corporate Compliance to document, test and remediate security and compliance related matters.
- 3 to 5 years of technical and functional experience in a HCM Integration Developer function or comparable role - preferably Workday
- 3 to 5 years of experience with Workday HCM (or comparable ERP) required, specifically with Core HR, Compensation Time Tracking, Payroll Interface, Benefits/Absence, Recruiting and Performance/Talent
- Advanced experience with developing Studio integrations is required
- Complex reporting experience is required; BIRT reporting experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Business Process Configuration, condition rules, notifications and security policies is preferred
- ADP, Cornerstone, Sailpoint/Active Directory and Appian/BPM systems experience preferred
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Flexible, with the ability to lead multiple projects and prioritize tasks as necessary
- Strong organization, customer service and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast- paced and dynamic team environment
- Bachelor's degree required; Preferred BS or in Computer Science or MIS Major