HOLT Sector Specialist - Analyst, Chicago
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Credit Suisse HOLT Background:
HOLT is a team within Credit Suisse's Equities division that provides market-leading insights, investment solutions and services for buy-side portfolio managers and analysts. HOLT is the unusual leader in understanding the corporate performance and valuation of equities with strong client traction and brand recognition across all major institutional investors, hedge funds and wealth managers.
HOLT offers an online platform called HOLT LensTM, investment products and consulting services. Position:
Credit Suisse HOLT looks forward to an extraordinary analyst level applicant to join the team in Chicago, as a generalist on the team. Applicant will get opportunity to support a lead Sector Specialist and help handle the design and participate in model innovation and will build rare sector expertise and help provide differentiated market insights. The position is akin to sell side analyst research associate but with less focus on fundamental research and a greater emphasis on demonstrating the HOLT framework to deliver insights on a broader sector. HOLT Sector Specialist - Responsibilities and Key Attributes
The key responsibilities and duties of the role are as follow:
- Develop an expertise in the necessary accounting adjustments to eliminate accounting distortions in sectors under coverage, and help maintain the model and data adjustments to ensure the quality of the HOLT database.
- Develop deep understanding of HOLT methodology in order to answer any design and data related client questions. Ability to articulate the benefits of the framework and help clients extract differentiated insights from the model.
- Understand market signals and how they apply to the fundamental and quantitative investment process.
- Generate rare company and sector insights by demonstrating HOLT framework and developing a keen understanding of the assigned sector and broader markets.
- Build and maintain a client network through client meetings and bespoke projects to drive revenues.
You Offer Qualifications
- Collaborate with a wide range of teams within Credit Suisse (Equity Research, Cash Sales, Credit Suisse Private Bank, etc.) to build incremental business for the bank by providing clients with the best, most comprehensive service possible.
We are looking for an applicant with a real passion for the markets and interest in learning and applying our advanced equity valuation framework. Applicant should be able to demonstrate strong accounting acumen, interest in the stock market, and an appreciation for a quantitative valuation framework.
- You have a deep knowledge of Accounting or Finance. Starting CFA considered as an additional advantage.
- You have at least 0-3 years’ meaningful experience on the buy side, sell side, or Big 4 accounting firms. Applicant experienced outside financial services considered with demonstrated finance/accounting acumen and interest.
- You have real passion for corporate valuation work or equity analysis with a desire to take on a client-facing role.
- You have love for equity markets and a deep understanding of valuation and corporate performance.
- You possess superb written and verbal skills and good social skills (individual as well as presentations to large groups).
- You possess excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated, self-starter, collaborative and have a strong drive to innovate in a fast-paced environment.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.