Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of technical projects and operating with scale, speed, and quality. Establish best engineering practices and influence them through solid design decisions, processes, and tools across the broader engineering organization. Work with other areas such as Product, Design, Investment Management and Client Solutions to constantly evolve our strategy to produce better end user outcomes and relevant offerings in the market. Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and determining future direction of the group's technical strategy. Develop and contribute to the Investment Management business plans, staffing, budgeting and process decisions that support both long-term and short-term objectives of the group. Work with team leads to continuously upgrade platforms, prioritizing initiatives that have the biggest impact on technical debt for the products. Partner closely with product leaders on strategic planning process, aligning technology vision and strategy with product and business direction, customer service strategy, growth strategies and talent strategies. Own non-functional requirements, technology standards, architectural direction, technical documentation, and quality of the code. Maintain the highest levels of security, promoting a culture and practice of security awareness. Assess and monitor the impact of new technologies on our markets and product lines. This position will supervise: Director of Software Engineering (1), Manager of Software Engineering (3), Team Lead of Software Engineering (1), Senior Software Engineer (1), Associate Software Engineer (1), and Principal Software Architect (1). International travel to offices in India, Australia, and UK required.
· Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field and 10 years of relevant experience.
· In the alternative, a Masters degree in Information Technology and Computer Science or a related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
· Commercial software development experience; experience developing web-based software applications and service.
· Experience and advanced understanding of a wide variety of programming languages, technology stacks, and architectural patterns.
· Experience and advanced understanding of application design using Object oriented and functional programming concepts.
· Experience in Java programming; experience with Agile methodology and related practices such as test-driven development including experience in each of the following: standups, sprint planning, continuous integration, continuous deployment, unit testing, paired programming, peer review, and feature flagging.
· Experience managing technology and web-based software applications in the financial industry.
· Experience in programming with Objective C.
· Experience in programming with Swift.
· Experience architecting software solutions leveraging Amazon Web Services.
· Experience managing teams of varying sizes in different geographies.
· Experience in software & hardware capacity planning; experience in resource hiring, mentoring, career planning and termination.
· Experience architecting, building, and supporting commercial grade software products and solutions.002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal EntityPosted 3 Days AgoFull timeREQ-017038
How to Apply for a Job at Morningstar
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please fill out this form completely, attaching your resume and cover letter in the approved format. Read the job requirements carefully and make sure to attach writing or design samples as required. Applicants must submit their resume and other information through our corporate website to be considered for a job at Morningstar. No phone calls, please.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from Morningstar will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. Be prepared for a rigorous interview process. To make sure you're a good fit for Morningstar and we're a good fit for you, we'll schedule time for you to meet with multiple staff members at all levels of the company. Expect to return for multiple interviews as part of the process. A representative from Morningstar will contact you with the results of your intervieweither with a job offer or to let you know our plans for the position.
Applicants With Disabilities Who Need Accommodation
Morningstar is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 312 384-3900 or email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
US Applicants: Morningstar is an E-Verify program participant.
Morningstar is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We make all employment decisionsincluding recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matterswithout regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, gender identity and expression, parental status, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct.