Hris Analytics Manager
HRIS and People Analytics Manager Areas of Interest:
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities: The Manager is responsible for hands-on design, implementation, communication and administration of HR Systems that support the company's strategic objectives around talent acquisition, retention, development, engagement and inclusivity. In partnership with Human Resource leadership, will design and deliver HR processes, solutions, reporting and business analytics that drive and sustain strategic decision making. The Manager will place emphasis on innovation through automation, continuous improvement, system enhancements and data integrity. Additionally, the role will lead efforts around people analytics such as workforce reports and dashboards, including identifying key trends and opportunities. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: Human Resource Information Systems
- Provides vision, leadership, planning and project management for the development of cost-effective delivery of core HR services and systems
- Manage functional performance and productivity and coach, mentor and motivate a team to successful outcomes
- Manage scheduled activities and respond to end user questions/needs
- End-to-end problem-solving and communication abilities: diagnosis, data cleaning, integration and transformation, analysis, visualization, and presentation
- Lead process improvements across HR, ensuring all resources are aware of how their work fits within the overall plans.
- Provides program management support for talent acquisition, engagement surveys, performance management, talent reviews, and other key activities as warranted
- Ensure proper HRIS support of technology projects, implementations, integrations, system upgrades and improvements.
- Develop and maintain the data integrity and security protocols around data governance and privacy standards across HR systems in conjunction with applicable internal departments (i.e., information security, legal & compliance, information technology)
- Lead discussions and negotiate across multiple functions (intra and interdepartmental business owners and subject matter experts) to prioritize systems projects, enhancements, additional functionality based on organization wide initiatives
- Lead with a consultative approach and institute a creative and nimble environment to overcome obstacles to solve hard problems
- Collaborate with peers and cross functional teams, working across multiple time zones
Analytics and Reporting
- Partner closely with internal clients to provide strategic decision support through data and analytics
- Manage and lead HR reporting and analytics function and serve as expert resource for all HR data needs
- Promote proactive approaches to using HRIS and data to solve business challenges
- Ability to translate results of analyses into data-driven insights to ensure key messages resonate with the target audience
- Develop visualization methods/tools to enable end users to easily access and understand relevant data. Collaborate with functional business partners to develop ties between data sources for a more holistic view
- Continuously learn new tools and ways to mine and visualize data. Design audience-specific presentations with consideration of visualization principles to share data in an intuitive manner.
- Take the results of analyses and tell a story with the data to guide leaders in business decisions with the ability to explain details and high-level overviews depending on the audience
- Maintain and enhance current reporting deliverables while exploring new and innovative ways to report and examine HR data including dashboards
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of progressively responsible HRIS and or analytics related knowledge
- Systems implementation experience and strong project management skills
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with Ultimate Software suite of products is desired
- Familiarity with ETL tool capabilities and utility (e.g., Informatica, Microsoft Flow)
- Experience in HR data (Ultimate Software preferred and/or Workday)
- Experience in BI tools (Power BI)
- Possesses a commensurate level of experience in relationship building across organizations
- Flexible and responsive, with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority
- The incumbent must have a high degree of credibility and demonstrate his/her ability to add value with the leadership (at all levels).
- Fluent with People data, systems, and common analytical needs and projects (e.g., HRIS, Applicant Tracking Systems, Employee Engagement Surveys, People Data Dashboards, People & Organizational Health Reporting)
- Strong analytical execution with thoroughness, accuracy, and focus on data integrity
- Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to a non-technical audience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills