IT Software Engineer – Equities Cash –OMS Dev
clear and convincing job ads that have charm: there’s templates available for popular roles on goto/jobads. Click here for your 5-step guide.
Your role :
Are you passionate about technology and bringing systems to life? Do you enjoy building close working relationships with your business and IT colleagues? We’re looking for someone like that to help us.
This is a Server side role involved in building core technology for Equities Front Office Applications. You will be focusing on direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, and support.
You will be a ‘hands on’ developer working within a small focused team with exposure to Equity personnel. You will be part of a development team that is an integral part of a high energy front-office environment.
Your team :
You’ll be working the Americas Cash Equities IT team in Chicago. We are a global team spread in APAC, UK and US. The role requires participation with different teams and our team members across those regions.
Your experience and skills :
- Minimum 5 years of experience in core Java
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience with data structures, algorithms, and network programming using Java NIO
- Minimum of 5 years extensive development expertise in high performance, high availability, high throughout, high capacity, yet low latency, transaction-oriented, distributed system, preferably in a financial environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with order management systems or order state handling
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with development on a Unix and/or Linux environment
- In the case of clearly exceptional candidates some elements of the above will be flexible.
- Highly committed, and able to build very close working relationships with both the business and support teams.