Intern, Asset Management IL - Chicago/en-US/ventas_careers/job/IL---Chicago/Intern--Asset-Management_R0000509/apply Job Description: This is a 10-week summer internship position with our Asset Management, Office team. The Office Asset Management team is responsible for oversight of our 360 property Medical Office Building (MOB) Portfolio, 66 property Healthcare Portfolio in addition to our exciting 31 property Research & Innovation Portfolio. We are targeting rising seniors looking to gain financial analysis experience with a leading real estate investment trust on a full-time basis. The Asset Management Intern will have the opportunity to gain healthcare industry expertise and develop their financial analysis capabilities by joining Ventass lean, fast-paced Asset Management group. The Asset Management Intern will review property, tenant/borrower, industry and other information related to the Companys real estate portfolio, prepare materials for lease approvals, and complete ad hoc projects on financial and operating trends. While we do not require any prior real estate or healthcare experience, we do require candidates who are smart, humble, and anxious to learn, work hard, and be an integral part of a company whose track record speaks for itself. Responsibilities
- Reviewing tenant/borrower financials and other metrics
- Preparing materials for lease approvals
- Maintaining and updating financial models to compare property level performance to approved operating budgets
- Learning, monitoring and reporting on industry trends, publications, news releases, etc.
- Providing general analytic support as needed to others within the Asset Management department
- Completing ad hoc projects, reports or other requests as needed
- Successful completion of several finance, economics, or accounting courses
- Currently enrolled junior in a relevant course of study or MBA program graduating in 2022
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint, is required
- Familiarity with financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows)
- Ability to work with many deadlines and manage multiple tasks and relationships within a fast-paced, team-oriented and lean environment
- Confident self-starter and quick learner who requires minimal supervision, is comfortable with ambiguity and very adaptable
- Strong quantitative skills as well as written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work full-time for a minimum of 10 weeks during summer 2021
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Ventas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ventas, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR0000509
Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR) an S&P 500 company, operates at the intersection of two powerful and dynamic industries healthcare and real estate. As one of the worlds foremost Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT), we use the power of capital to unlock the value of real estate by partnering with leading care providers, developers, research and medical institutions, innovators and healthcare organizations whose success is buoyed by the strong demographic trends of an aging population and increased life expectancy.
Led by our Chairman and CEO, Debra A. Cafaro, who is recognized as one of the best-performing CEOs in the world by Harvard Business Review, Ventas has followed a successful strategy that endures: owning a high quality diversified portfolio and partnering with industry leaders combined with a collaborative, dynamic and experienced team focused on producing consistent growing cash flows and superior returns on a strong balance sheet, ultimately rewarding Ventas stockholders with extraordinary outperformance. Thats not just excellence. Thats Excellence. Sustained.