All companies + Hiring difference makers.
☰ Internal Advisor Consultant, Alternative Investments New Nuveen 8 hours ago Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job
The Internal Advisor Consultant (IAC) will partner closely with the Alternative Advisor Consultant and are responsible for maintaining current client assets, driving sales, cross selling advisors and converting prospects to clients. The IAC is responsible for meeting daily outbound call goals, email correspondences, and advisor follow ups. In this role, the IAC stays current with portfolio & industry developments and masters all Nuveen Alternative Investments product and service solutions.
Nuveen is a global investment firm with approximately $1 Trillion in AUM and $226 billion in alternative investment AUM across Private Credit, Real Estate, Real Assets and Alternative Equity strategies making us one of the largest alternative investment firms in the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Being a Product Specialist for Nuveen Alternative Investment products and solutions
- Effectively answering any questions from advisors and clients regarding our Alternative Investment products and proactively communicating and positioning the benefits of our strategies
- Partnering with the Alternative Advisor Consultant to develop consultative relationships with Financial Advisors primarily within the Wealth Channels (Wirehouse, Private Bank, Independent & Regional Broker-Dealer, RIA and Family Office)
- Partnering and coordinating with the Alternative Advisor Consultant on business and territory management plans
- Proactively making outbound calls, emailing and engaging in web conferences with top clients and prospects to market, educate and promote the Nuveen suite of Alternative Investment products
- Effectively profiling advisors and having a good understanding of the sales process
- Documenting all Advisor activity in Customer Relationship Management system [SalesPage]
- Presenting Nuveens Alternative Capabilities to Financial Advisors and Investors
- Partnering with multiple channel sales teams within Nuveen
- Educating the Nuveen Generalist Sales Team on the available alternative strategies
- Ensuring excellent servicing of existing clients
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent; Masters, CFA or CAIA a plus - Series 7 required; Series 63 preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the investment management industry within business development with at least 1 year of Alternative Investments experience
- Experience marketing into private wealth channels (Wirehouses, private banks, broker-dealers, RIAs) is preferred
- Prior experience in real estate, private equity, hedge funds, fund of funds or private credit
- Strong organizational, relationship management, communications and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advice & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.