Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer Chicago/en-US/External_Careers_Site/job/Chicago/Lead-Data-Engineer_11934-1/apply
The Lead Data Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short and long-term data solutions to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network systems and data management infrastructure. In addition, this role reviews system requirements and business processes and codes, tests, debugs and implements data solutions.
This position is located in Chicago, IL.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Responsible for the development and support of the data management product, which provide essential solutions for data solutions to clients; may include debugging current systems or programming enhancements or modules of new systems
- Determine which applications/servers/databases/software require programming, administration, debugging - contribute to the generation of the priority list or calendar
- Maintain the appropriate computing environments for the development and test teams to ensure the teams are using the correct tools and environments
- Take ownership for large and complex projects that may have multiple phases or workstreams from start to finish to ensure successful implementation; may leverage and review junior engineers work for routine programming tasks
- Work with business representatives and leaders as needed to understand business needs and/or limitations and resulting requirements; identify gaps in requirements for business representatives and ensure requirements are complete before moving on to specs phase
- Develop detailed specs for major enhancements or new systems that are clearly aligned to system requirements as defined by business representatives; or collect specifications, prioritize them and delegate pieces/next steps to fellow software engineers
- Write complex code and maintain continuous integrations and processes; may review the code of other Data Engineers·
- Deliver the final code for deployment
- Work with business representatives to understand overall outcomes of testing phase; understand and weigh implications of results on the business and recommend appropriate solutions considering impact, performance, risk and cost
Skills & Experience Required
- Extensive understanding of advanced software development methodologies, tools, and techniques
- General, cross-functional IT knowledge, including LAN & WAN networking, systems and data security, virtualization, storage networks, telephony, internet, database management
- General knowledge of all technologies deployed in the Guggenheim on on-prem or Azure infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of the Guggenheim business functions and how data will be used by Guggenheim customers (not required for new hiresacquired knowledge)
- Experience working with large enterprise data designs and patterns. Strong experience with large data sets such as data warehouses, modern big data platforms and cloud storage solutions
- Prefer a working knowledge of the financial services industry
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Posted 3 Days AgoFull time11934
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting and following us on Twitter at .
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion. Account Registration
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select forgot password.
- Clear your computers cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.