This Architecture role is responsible for leading architecture governance to ensure stakeholders’ strategies, plans and initiatives are architected with enterprise reusability, executed and delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal standards, best practices, and procedures.
The candidate will be a key member of the Shared Services Architecture team whose collective responsibility is to promote strategic technology advancement across the organization through a set of fully aligned technical strategies, roadmaps, designs, patterns, and frameworks. This role will partner with executives, their architects and application development teams, and firm-wide architects. Must demonstrate a proven history of building large scale technology solutions that effectively address the business objectives of a complex organization. Ensures that business strategy along with market & technology trends are effectively represented in the organization’s systems and business processes.
This individual must be delivery-oriented, possess excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to reach senior business management as well as technical audiences. Must be able to influence project direction and make pragmatic decisions to optimize the balance between strategic value, time to market, cost and risk. Identify shared services, overlapping capabilities and convergence to standards in order to improve efficiency and quality, and reduce time to value. The preferred candidate will have a broad background in application development, architecture, and technology program management. Must be able to work independently to solve complex problems, create/manage technology plans, and yet possess the soft skills to work with a variety of partners.
• Architectural Governance
o You will lead the development and operations of the Share Service Architectural Governance Model and Review Board (ARB).
o Ensure technical solutions provide business value while mitigating technical debt.
o Mediate conflicting priorities to drive optimal solutions.
o Identify and escalates duplication of efforts, functional and technical redundancy, and enforces the use of existing firm-wide shared services.
o Delivery of the multi-year Technology Strategy that depicts application target architectures and roadmaps across the portfolio.
o Influence the strategy and vision of senior decision makers through articulated communications and presentations.
o Influence project portfolios towards implementation of the target state
o Ensures alignment between Technology & Business strategies
o Reviews investment spend to ensure alignment with target state and roadmaps
o Lead, oversee, and govern the standards references library, patterns, principals, and frameworks
o Help define and articulate common architectural requirements.
• Technology Data Management
o Define and manage key technology asset information for the organization
• Metrics and Analytics
o Interview and incorporate stakeholder feedback into team measurement and reporting
o Define and measure Architecture Governance, Transformation, Standardization, and Currency metrics
o Build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
o Solve problems collaboratively.
o Liaise with the Enterprise Architecture groups
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum 10+ years development experience
• Minimum 7+ years architecture experience
• Experience running Architecture, Transformation, and/or compliance programs (SOX, PCI, audits)
• Has knowledge of implementing Architecture Frameworks like TOGAF and/or Zachman
• Portfolio Management experience for a technology organization
• Agile SCRUM management experience; Agile transformation experience a plus
• JIRA & Confluence skills that support building reporting dashboards and effective communication
• Proficiency with business intelligence reporting
• Experience developing and analyzing program metrics for senior technology management
• Experience developing and implementing best practices/process improvements for technology organizations
• Strong relationship building abilities and listening skills (adaptive communication, active listening)
• Demonstrated excellence in written/verbal communications skills
• Must have proven ability to balance conflicting priorities
• Ability to break down high-level problems and articulate solutions to both business and technical audiences
• Ability to adapt to changing technologies, processes, and environments
• Previous or current hands-on software development experience.
• Knowledge of development tools and languages like Java, Scala, Maven, Bamboo, Jenkins etc.
• Knowledge of the financial services industry and in particular, a broad and deep understanding of products and services provided by Northern Trust.
• Has an understanding of the Shared Services domains at Northern Trust (Cash, Asset Servicing, Risk and Compliance, HR, Finance)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.