Lead QA Test Analyst
- Negotiable USD
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 05 Sep 18 2018-09-05
Description The Lead QA (backend) Software Analyst collaborates with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, Project Management, management, and peers in planning and executing tests verify software under test while ensuring compliance with the SDLC process.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Lead QA (backend) Software Analyst collaborates with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, Project Management, management, and peers in planning and executing tests verify software under test while ensuring compliance with the SDLC process.
You will shepherd the testing process and complements the unit tests covered by software engineers by focusing on business functionality and integration of the application within the ecosystem from inception through implementation. This individual must learn both the technical side of the system as well as understand what the business user expects. The lead analyst will create automated test scripts, use cases, test cases, test plans, create test data and define the expected result.
- Diagnose and absorb new projects, and evaluate the designed system, the requirements and other key approaches to develop a comprehensive test approach
- Drive the design & technical reviews to identify missing, incomplete or inaccurate design assumptions or design choices
- Creates and execute automated scripts, integration and functional testing on newly designed or modified applications/systems
- Analyzes, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation
- Partner and advise production support by testing time sensitive defects and providing advice on system functionality
- Clearly and concisely communicate with a wide audience spanning both internal and external teams
- Possess the ability to display methods of testing highly sophisticated systems, progressively diagnose systems defects, and clearly communicate to project constituents, key findings and learnings
- Ensure that the team is complying with the accepted development process
- Execute responsibilities in addition to providing oversight and planning activities.
- Identify efficiency opportunities while also exploring innovation and means of implementing new technology/processes.
- Mentor and groom team members by demonstrating/modeling how a mentee might develop greater initiative, increased independence, and self-reliance.
- Provide domain-level expertise both on the application under test and testing practices.
8+ years of experience in a Software Development QA Testing environment
Experience with the following;
- Application Development (QA Testing environment)
- Risk Monitoring Tools & Performance Testing Skills
- High Volume Low Latency Environments
- Leadership Experience Managing Project Teams and QA Staff
- Ownership of QA (backend) Testing (A – Z)
- Developing Modern Test Strategies
- Quality Gate Development and Set Up
- Testing / Development Tools & Platforms such as; j prima, j meter, cucumber, postman, Jenkins, bamboo and Intellij
- OLAP is a plus
- Big Data Experience a plus
- Financial Industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred technical BS/MS