VP, Senior Commercial Loan Officer - Portfolio Management National Lending (Chicago, IL)
Chicago, IL, USA
The VP, Senior Loan Officer is expected to independently monitor the performance of assigned borrowers, identify deviations from agreed upon performance and take the appropriate remedial steps. The VP, Senior Loan Officer should strive to build strong working relationships with all clients to ensure open communication and improved understanding of the client’s operating performance and needs. This position requires an ability to work independently with limited day-to-day supervision.
- Collaborate with portfolio team prior to the transfer of a loan to the Special Assets Group (SAG)
- Identify root cause problems that have caused the borrower’s operational difficulties resulting in the transfer to SAG.
- Develop loan management strategies that will minimize credit risk and address borrowers root cause operating issues.
- Ensure loans are performing by tracking financial performance of client operations
- Perform financial statement analysis to monitor trends, new developments that may impact loan performance and adherence to restructured forecasts and loan terms and conditions.
- Respond to requests from clients for additional funding or modifications to existing loans
- Oversee client accounts to ensure funding requirements and cash receipts are processed correctly on behalf of the borrower
- Review monthly client statements prior to issuance
- Maintain financial integrity by researching and reconciling discrepancies; auditing and verifying documents; following internal controls; understanding and monitoring loan documents to ensure compliance
- Prepare risk ratings and other reports as required to keep management informed on portfolio performance
- Communicate with client and or supervisor to resolve loan issues or questions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects
- Travel for client visits and other meetings as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Minimum five or more years’ commercial lending/credit experience
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- Entrepreneurial work ethic
- Strong analytical skills