Manager - Operations Consulting
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hudson Placement Group
- 15 Sep 17
This major consulting firm has openings for managers and senior associates in their operations consultlng practice. Candidates may be located anywhere in the US and must be prepared to do extensive Mon - Thurs. traveling
This major consulting firm helps their clients with their most challenging imperatives from strategy through execution. They combine the breadth of knowledge of over 48,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. They work with the world's largest and most complex companies and understand the unique business issues and opportunities our clients face.
Job Description : Our Operations consultants help clients realize competitive advantage from operations. This high performing team translates business strategy into effective operations to drive both growth and profitability. Specific areas of focus include product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations, and capital asset programs and operations.
Position/Program Requirements : Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar quantitative discipline.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success executing various aspects of the business involving information technology-related client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including knowledge of an industry or functional domain and expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Operational Research and Statistical techniques;
- Customer, Product and Pricing Analysis; or,
- Business and Operations Analysis within marketing, operations, or risk analysis using quantitative techniques.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success working with analytical models including the following technical tools:
- Visualization techniques and tools;
- Advanced analytics techniques (regression, simulation, etc.);
- Applicable sources of external, internal or new data sources to support analytic methods and visualization techniques; and,
- Healthcare, Insurance, Financial Services, Customer and industrial Products and Services, Manufacturing or Telecom Industries.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Analyzing large and complex data sets to solve business challenges and present insights to non-analytics minded individuals;
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member, understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members, and proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building relationships with clients, developing requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor;
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks, researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilizing problem-solving skills, and communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various management levels, both internal and external;
- Coaching and collaborating with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback, and guidance on work performance;
- Applying analytical techniques correlated to business value and selecting the appropriate analytical techniques for the problem at hand; and,
- Leading teams to generate a vision, establishing direction, motivating team members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging improvement and innovation.