44561 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
RSM is currently seeking a Manager to join our Trade Advisory Services practice.
As a Manager in our Trade Advisory Services team, you will be an integral part of our rapidly expanding practice focused on supporting corporate clients with their customs, tariffs and international trade planning and compliance activities and operations. You will work with both U.S. and international companies, helping them to understand and navigate through increasingly complex national and global trade requirements, challenges and opportunities. You will play a leading role in helping to develop, position, sell and deliver value-added services as well as guiding and coaching staff to professional growth.
- Provide advice to clients, in a variety of industries, on import and export matters.
- Identify additional areas of opportunities such as international tax, state and local tax, and transfer pricing that could provide value to the client's operations.
- Research, analyze and provide advice on complex U.S. and international customs, tariffs and international trade issues in an effective manner to internal colleagues and clients.
- Assess, identify and communicate compliance risks and cost-savings opportunities.
- Support the professional development and growth of staff members.
- Efficiently manage and deliver multiple client engagements simultaneously, adhering to tight timelines and budgets to drive profitable revenue expansion.
- Proactively engage clients and prospective clients to support practice growth initiatives and ensure service satisfaction.
- Build internal and external relationships to generate work flow
- Provide excellent client service to internationally active companies with VAT needs by interacting with clients and the RSM tax team
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver services
- Operate on a US National basis, as needed, to support the needs of clients across the US
- Provide coaching and training to VAT and non VAT staff
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback and coaching to develop supervised staff
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell services
- Effectively manage risk and meet commercial and financial targets as agreed
- Develop a specific VAT service or technical offering in which you are seen as a national leader
- A minimum of six years of import/export experience as a customs consultant, attorney, broker and/or U.S. Customs auditor/import specialist.
- Proven technical expertise in customs valuation, harmonized system classification, origin, marking, entry, Incoterms, trade agreements and special programs such as foreign trade zones, bonded operations and duty drawback.
- Management experience in a professional services firm, law firm or corporate or government setting in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college university with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Access.
- Licensed J.D., LL.M. and/or hold a valid Customs Brokers license issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Fluency in English required; fluency/proficiency in another major (Spanish, Mandarin, German) language preferred.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req14126 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Tax Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
ITAX VAT Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req14126 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Chicago, IL US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Great Lakes Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Tax Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing