Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Associate, Mechanical Operations Data Analyst Location US-IL-Chicago
Job ID 32983
# Positions 1
Job Family Asset Management - Fleet Planning/TechServices
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
The successful candidate will be a major contributor or project lead on data analysis activity within the Mechanical Department. The primary focus will be in the areas of reporting, budgeting & forecasting data trends. This position is responsible for supporting systems development standards, process control standards, document control standards, component data collection and analysis, and supporting billing/counter-billing activities for the CIT railcar fleet under full service and net leases.
- Assisting with the monthly forecasting process to forecast maintenance spend by transaction / car and repair type.
- Providing variance analysis of monthly repair data from multiple sources to develop trend analysis reporting and to make recommendations for budget optimization, while also assisting in documenting and producing the monthly Mechanical Reporting Performance Package.
- Administering Railinc/UMLER activities and initiatives to ensure fleet reliability, data accuracy and integrity.
- Representing CIT at Railinc/UMLER/Billing Industry functions.
- Assisting with CIT Rebuttal billing process, reconciling fleet to determine proper party to rebill to maximize CIT’s rebuttal billing recapture rate while minimizing customer dissatisfaction.
- Assisting with CIT Rail’s annual internal-audit and representing the Mechanical Department in early planning meetings.
- Ensuring all department policies and procedures are properly documented in accordance with CIT corporate policy, updating and creating new procedures as necessary.
- Supporting the establishment standards for uploading all third-party systems/data into CRMS for data consistency and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in data analysis or finance environment
- Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel knowledge strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence Tools (such as QlikView or Power BI) preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Rail experience strongly preferred
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is CITs policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver, military status and service, protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: