The Personal Banker Team Leader will have oversight of our Winnetka office lobby banking team responsible for delivering exceptional client service experience while servicing clients with a full range of banking products and services.
Responsibilities include providing back up support in the Manager’s absence as well as providing input into the performance management process, assisting with hiring and disciplinary action, and providing hands-on training to staff.
The Personal Banker Team Leader will oversee the execution and/or submission of various administrative and operational activities related to clients, banking products and services. They will interact with clients in person, via telephone and email, responding to inquiries and providing information as requested.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to, establishing and/or submitting requests for opening, maintaining and servicing client accounts, executing money movement, preparing and producing client materials and reports, resolving client inquiries, as well as maintaining complete and accurate recordkeeping. Provide maintenance and holistic advice on assigned relationships by cross selling and identifying client needs Of critical importance is the enforcement and adherence to the required banking guidelines, procedures and policies involved with requested activities.
Additionally, the Personal Banking Team Leader is expected to serve as a mentor to their team and to strive to help evolve the processes, procedures and operating environment of their overall Wealth Management office.
1. Working with the manager, organizes the work for the team, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activity, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
2. Provides input in the performance management process, hiring and disciplinary actions, and provides hands-on training to staff
3. Services clients on a full range of banking services (i.e., opens and closes accounts, resolves inquiries and problems, and changes account types). Oversees the execution and/or submission of daily client account servicing activities within appropriate time frames, including but not limited to funds transfers, opening and closing accounts, account maintenance, imaging of documents, and researching of client issues
4. Maintains maintenance and growth of assigned portfolios by cultivating and developing relationships for more complex credit and investment needs of clients. Understands the business model and all products and services and engages appropriate business unit subject matter experts to explore potential opportunities with the client. Provides maintenance and holistic advice on assigned relationships by cross selling and identifying client needs
5. Proactively communicates and escalates issues with manager and relationship management as appropriate to obtain necessary information to properly resolve the request
6. Demonstrates expertise and provides direction to banking partners in all of the day to day operations of a banking office. Monitors and verifies account setup, maintenance and service for accuracy and completeness. Periodically reviews work for accuracy, ensuring that performance adheres to current standards, policies and procedures. Communicates timely to management errors uncovered or processes in need of improvement
7. Maintains a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to client and account servicing, including on-line tools, and seeks to expand knowledge of the latest enhancements to Northern Trust partner and client technology and/or systems in order to maintain highest standards of servicing
8. At the direction of the manager, monitors and completes daily, monthly, quarterly and annual audits as well as operational activities and reports, such as Aged Overdrafts, Check Referrals, Audit Checklists, Documentation Deficiencies, Office Differences, Limit Violations, etc.
9. Functions as liaison for external vendors on servicing issues. Liaison for security issues as well as working with external vendors related to office issues (Red Hawk, Diebold, JLL, etc.). May also be required to assist vendors and/or consultants with system related issues (Encore, Insight, etc.)
10. Keeps abreast of laws and regulations that affect compliance issues and personal banking products and services. Fully understands and enforces adherence to all policies, procedures and compliance guidelines to ensure mitigation of risk and promptly escalates any issues and/or concerns to management
11. Assumes selective administrative assignments; participates and directs project oriented tasks, as directed by manager
12. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level
• 3 years of related experience
• Knowledge of banking operations, products and services, acquired through related work experience is preferred
• Knowledge of federal regulations and banking guidelines, usually acquired through related work experience or formal training
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify, research and/or resolve requests, as well as to manage conflicting priorities and workflow
• Ability to think critically and work well independently and as part of a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff and management
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.