- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Personal Banker - Dearborn & Washington Branch
Personal Banker - Dearborn & Washington Branch
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Chicago
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Job Function: Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18056658
Citibank delivers a wide array of banking, lending and investment services to individual consumers, as well as to small businesses. Our U.S. Branch Network is comprised of over 700 branches across 12 states complemented by 24-7 access to customer service through a network of fee-free ATMs, CitiPhone Banking®, Citibank Online and Citi Mobile. Citibank's products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including basic banking (checking and savings accounts, investment products), mortgages, small business, commercial banking, investment advisory services, and financial needs and analysis tools to enable Citibank to bring tailored solutions to every client.
The Personal Banker creates and manages a sales plan delineating optimal methods for achieving sales goals through interaction with clients, prospects, internal partners, and other external contacts and through engaging in events and other marketing activities.
• Leverage Citi's customer leads and other lead generation techniques (e.g., referrals, community outreach) to identify new prospects and cross-selling opportunities with current clients.
• Conduct discussions with prospects to understand background and identify needs; clearly communicate potential solutions.
• Conduct outbound sales activities (e.g., phone out-reach, community events, meetings with local businesses) to establish visibility in the community and drive business to the branch.
• Execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are aligned with the branch's business plan.
• Cultivate partnerships with segment partners (e.g. Commercial and Small Business, Home Lending, Financial Advisors, Citigold) to obtain and provide appropriately qualified referrals; meet periodically with segment partners to review goals, discuss strategies, and solicit feedback and coaching.
• Take ownership of the client experience including on-boarding and resolve service issues as appropriate through follow-up from self and other Citi resources following client transactions.
• Schedule periodic meetings and check-points with clients to provide value-added services.
• Assist in execution of branch events; invite clients and prospects to events; actively engage with attendees and follow-up to develop a network and grow branch business.
• Understand and consistently adhere to all operational controls to ensure the safety and security of client and bank assets; complete required regulatory/compliance training.
• Provide Tellers and other branch staff with coaching and guidance on products and special programs, identifying client needs, and providing appropriate referrals.
The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3-5 years banking, retail other related sales and service experience
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a sales plan
• Demonstrated ability to engage in outbound sales activities and acquire new business
• Demonstrated ability to successfully deepen and retain client relationships
• Product/service knowledge; expertise in articulating product/service information to clients
• Demonstrated strong financial/business acumen
• Basic computer skills - ability to interact with clients using banking technology
• Results-oriented; self-starter
• Strong client service orientation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to engage with and influence others
• Ability to think creatively to solve problems
• Organized; ability to manage time effectively and to multi-task
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and Citi policies and procedures.