Portfolio Implementation Associate
Portfolio Implementation Associate Areas of Interest:
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities: Apply detailed knowledge of portfolio investment strategies, trading execution and compliance requirements to monitor portfolio activity to ensure alignment with portfolio strategies. Collaborate with trading desk to input complex orders and ensure successful execution. Address client inquiries and ensure the prompt resolution of issues. Develop and implement tools to improve effectiveness and successfully achieve the portfolio strategy.
- Develop in-depth understanding of portfolio investment strategies and maintain current knowledge of client investment goals and positions.
- Partner with Portfolio Managers to accurately input trades to execute the portfolio investment strategy; assist the trading desk with client orders for distributions and contributions.
- Monitor trading and portfolio orders to ensure that portfolio positions are aligned with client investment strategies. Examine progress of ongoing trades and report updates and confirmations to Portfolio Managers.
- Collaborate with Restrictions Maintenance to identify and resolve discrepancies, perform account audits and ensure adherence to client-specific trading directions.
- Monitor and report on portfolio compliance with investment guidelines, including portfolio cash levels, fund flows and company concentration positions.
- Attend Client Service funding meetings to ensure successful on-boarding of new clients.
- Develop and implement quantitative tools to analyze and support trading and Portfolio Managers.
- Ensure that all activities are in compliance with applicable regulations and internal procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors Degree required, concentration in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred.
- MBA and/or CFA or progress towards these advanced degrees preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with an investment management firm, custodian or investment management consultant required.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate financial and trading information to multiple audiences.
- Strong customer orientation and client service skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice.
- Proficient knowledge of recognized OMS.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.