Portfolio Manager I or II - Power & Utilities - Great Opportunity for a New Grad!
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Associated Banc- Corp
- 15 Nov 17 2017-11-15
Job Summary Responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management of power and utility relationships to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process and product, retention and expansion of existing client relationship, growth of total client assets and net growth in relationships. Primary performance responsibilities include: (i) performing in depth credit and financial analysis (financial modeling and projections), (ii) assisting with marketing materials (i.e. pitch books), (iii) assisting in the execution of deals through closing and ultimately portfolio management, and (iv) assisting with the due diligence and documentation process.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and ensure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Key Result Areas:
- Portfolio Management
- Asset Quality
- Risk Management
- Relationship Banking
- Fee Income Growth
- Loan growth
- Referral Generation
- Customer Service
- Negotiation and Influence
- Community Involvement
- Other Demand Deposit Growth
- Other Commercial Deposit Growth
- Other Retention
- The following are essential job accountabilities and assigned appropriate to the level of experience:
- Assist with due diligence/analysis with new client relationships, opportunity memos as appropriate.
- Analyze the financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests and recommend structure.
- Ability to build a financial model and create projections.
- Research and provide industry and competitive analysis.
- Assist in the underwriting and closing of transactions.
- Partner with the Relationship Manager, as the point of a contact for the client, acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal business partners.
- Assist with presentations on specific loans and participate in the bank’s Loan Approval Process, recommending approval based on credit structure and fundamentals.
- Manage the renewal process by acting as a liaison between the Relationship Manager, the client and the credit department.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Associated Banc-Corp credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for identifying cross sales opportunities of all bank products including Treasury Management, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Employee Benefit Services, AFG and Capital Markets to our existing client base as well as prospects.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the Vision and Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Portfolio Manager I
- Required Education: Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Required Experience: <2 years commercial banking experience, Limited credit skills, Knowledge of non-borrowing products, Excellent at Customer Service Sales experience & Complexity – Moderate
Portfolio Manager II
- Required Education: Bachelors Degree Business, Finance or Accounting or other related discipline, or equivalent related experience
- Required Experience: 4 years Commercial/Corporate/Specialized Banking and/or Credit Approval Experience
Special Skill Requirements:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of non-borrowing products
- Superior credit, risk management and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills
- Capable of making quick, on-the-spot computations with Financial Calculator.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong marketing and presentation skills
- Understand macro and micro economic issues as they apply to business
- Thorough understanding of risks (market, rate, leverage, etc.) as it applies to the lending process
- Strong knowledge of loan agreements, assumptions, accounting, loan structuring, and collateral procedures
- Strong knowledge of lending policies and procedures
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office products and the ability to quickly learn new software/systems
- Collaborative and highly coachable
Licenses & Certifications
- CFA-Charted Financial Analysis Preferred
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned