Principal Platform Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Platform Engineering team is a collection of highly skilled individuals ranging from development to operations with a security first mindset who strive to push the boundaries of technology. We champion a DevSecOps culture and raise the bar on how and when we deploy applications to production. Our core principals are centered around automation, testing, quality, and immutability all via code. If you are passionate about developer productivity, cloud native applications, and container orchestration, this job is for you! Discover what it's like to be part of a fast paced team dealing with challenging problems that drive the global economy where engineers can do the best work of their life along side colleagues that share a similar passion.
The role is responsible for building self-service capabilities that improve our security posture, productivity, and reduce time to market with automation at the core of these objectives. The individual collaborates with teams across the organization to ensure applications are designed for Continuous Delivery (CD) and are well-architected for their targeted platform which can be on-premise or the cloud."
The role is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the team that independently provides support across our hybrid-cloud environments.
Skills & Software Requirements
- Strong Experience with a language such as Ruby, Perl, Python, Go, Scala, or Java
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git, Ansible, or CHEF
- Experience working with containers, orchestration tools (like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm etc.) and container registries (GCE, Docker hub etc.)
- Experience with [SPI]aaS - Software-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, or Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Experience building DevSecOps architectures including Continuous Integration/Delivery solutions & Platform Automation
- Experience working independently, as well as in a team environment, proactively driving initiatives and tasks while meeting agreed delivery timelines
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
5+ years industry experience in a 24x7 application delivery environment
Bachelor's Degree, preferably a BS in Computer Science, IS, or 7+ years of relevant work experience
AWS, GCP, or other cloud / DevSecOps related certifications