Lead Business Process Engineer US IL - Chicago/en-US/Argo/job/US-IL---Chicago/Lead-Business-Process-Engineer_R0002664-1/apply
Lead Business Process Engineer
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Business Process Engineering team, we are looking for a Lead Business Process Engineer.
The Lead Business Process Engineer is responsible for consistently executing business process improvement strategies across the group. The position will work with subject matter experts in identifying and executing process improvement projects that sustainably improve customer and employee experiences while measurably enhancing overall Group performance. This position requires leadership, change management and technical competence. The position will report to the AVP Process Improvement & Automation.
What does a Lead Business Process Engineers workday look like?
- Lead Process Improvement projects that deliver measurable business results through effective process development, integrated project/change management and implementation.
- Build commitment to business process management and improvement across the organization laying foundations for the deployment of Lean transformation and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the enterprise.
- Manage multiple initiatives of significant scope and complexity. Perform complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes and/or channels.
- Identify, analyze and scope process improvement opportunities. Partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Shape vision, mobilize commitment and lead team to change process, systems and structures.
- Provide data driven insight on key business issues. Identify information flows across the business, and the relationships between those entities. Resolve issues and navigate obstacles to deliver work product.
- Utilize knowledge of customers, products, processes and Continuous Improvement expertise to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methods (people, process and/or technology) to resolve defects and issues.
- Serve as a technical leader in the deployment of Business Process Engineering through the application of process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, and basic problem solving). Work as part of a team. Train, coach, and mentor team members and group employees to achieve results through the understanding and application of process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Work with process improvement experts and other stakeholders to ensure projects achieve intended results, where risks are proactively identified and mitigated and benefits are validated.
- Provide expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
Whats required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree 10+ years professional business or consulting experience with 5+ years process improvement work experience.
- Strong, proven experience demonstrating leadership, business acumen, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills within Property & Casualty Insurance or a closely related field.
- Excellent process mapping and requirement gathering skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be an active listener comfortable with collaboration and able to quickly establish rapport and leverage relationships with stakeholders
- Proven track record of solution design and implementation within business processes
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization
- Solid track record in leading and managing (both direct and indirect management) teams to deliver results.
- Excellent project management and workshop facilitation skills
- Minimum Black Belt certified or Lean equivalent certification
- Experience with deploying aspects of large-scale business transformation projects. Ability to work solo on projects as required and to perform multiple roles from ideation through to final delivery. Be equally comfortable and effective working solo or in teams.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, thats even better:
- Ability to facilitate and influence business change with senior-level executives.
- Strong understanding of Commercial Insurance Services Industry.
- Experience of London Insurance or International Reinsurance markets
- Master's degree in engineering or business
- Self-starter who has led projects which have had significant, positive impact on member and employee experiences and contributed to business success.
- Highly seasoned and experienced LEAN leader/practitioner with a proven track record of end-to-end management of key strategic programs.
- Master Black Belt certified
Developing our employees professionally and personally strengthens our organization. Argo Group offers competitive pay and benefits that protect and enhance the lives of employees and their eligible dependents by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, savings and investment opportunities, adoption assistance, education assistance, and matching gifts for education and charitable causes, just to name a few.
Come join the World Class Leader in Global Specialty Insurance and build your career here! And dont forget to tell your friends, we have a fantastic Employee Referral Program too!
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeR0002664
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.