Senior Business Process Engineer US IL - Chicago/en-US/Argo/job/US-IL---Chicago/Senior-Business-Process-Engineer_R0002705/apply
Senior Business Process Engineer
At Argo Group, our team members are critical to our long-term success so wherever in the world they work, everyone works together. Within our Business Process Engineering team, we are looking for a Senior Business Process Engineer. This position will be in one of our following locations: Chicago, Atlanta, New York City, Scottsdale, AZ or San Antonio, TX.
The Senior Business Process Engineer is responsible for consistently delivering business process improvement projects throughout the group. The position will work with subject matter experts in identifying and executing process improvement projects that sustainably improve customer and employee experiences while measurably enhancing overall Group performance. This position requires initiative, commitment, excellent communication skills and a high degree of technical competence. The position will report to the AVP Process Improvement & Automation.
What does a Senior Business Process Engineers workday look like?
- Help deliver Process Improvement projects that deliver measurable business results through effective process development, integrated project/change management and implementation.
- Work on multiple initiatives of significant scope and complexity. Perform complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes and/or channels. May lead projects or work as part of a project team under the direction of the AVP Process Improvement & Automation or the Lead Process Engineer
- Identify, analyze and scope process improvement opportunities. Partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Shape vision, mobilize commitment and influence stakeholders to change process, systems and structures.
- Demonstrate strong project governance and a keen attention to detail
- Utilize knowledge of customers, products, processes and Continuous Improvement expertise to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methods (people, process and/or technology) to resolve defects and issues.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the deployment of Business Process Engineering through the application of process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN, and basic problem solving). Work as part of a team.
- Provide expertise and share best practices regarding Process Improvement tools, methodologies, and team leadership.
Whats required for the position:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years professional business or consulting experience in process improvement or a similar operations discipline within Property & Casualty Insurance or a closely related field.
- Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent process mapping and requirement gathering skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Must be an active listener comfortable with collaboration and able to quickly establish rapport and leverage relationships with stakeholders
- Proven track record of solution design and implementation within business processes
- Proven ability to influence and affect change
- Track record of delivering tangible results through process improvement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to lead an effectively facilitate workshops
- Ability to work solo on projects as required and to perform multiple roles from ideation through to final delivery. Be equally comfortable and effective working solo or in teams.
In addition, you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
If you have these preferred skills, thats even better:
- Lean Six Sigma certified or equivalent certification
- Ability to facilitate and influence business change with senior-level executives.
- Strong understanding of Commercial Insurance Services Industry.
- Experience of London Insurance or International Reinsurance markets
- Master's degree in engineering or business
- Self-starter who has led projects which have had significant, positive impact on member and employee experiences and contributed to business success.
What do we offer our employees?
An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO, Paid Caregiver Leave, Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks) and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning which is why Training magazine named us as one of the Training Top 125 Companies.
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- An Employee Referral Program that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.
- Flexible Work Arrangements that include Compressed Hours, Flextime, Job-Sharing, Part-Time and Remote or Home Working, Sabbatical Leave and Summer Hours.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Argo Group will not sponsor an applicant for employment authorization for this position.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Argo Group, please contact our Benefits Department at 210-321-8400.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Argo Group, please do not forward any resumes to Argo Group employees. Argo Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted TodayFull timeR0002705
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.