Product Controller (Fund Administration and Financial Reporting)
- Responsible for the oversight of day to day operations of numerous investment companies with various mandates. Responsibilities include monitoring NAV validation, board reporting, budgeting and fund distributions as well as monitoring of internal systems for accuracy of reporting to the portfolio management teams
- Responsible for the review of regulatory filings (financial statements, prospectus, CPO-PQR, etc.)
- Assist in monitoring and reviewing performance of fund service providers holding them accountable for quality services.
- Lead ad hoc projects as they arise
You will join the Product Control team that is part of the COO business for UBS Asset Management. The team is responsible for oversight and control of mutual funds and mandates, ensuring that operational standards provided by all external service providers meet all accounting/regulatory and service level agreement requirements. In this role, you will work independently reporting into a line manager located in New York but included as part of the overall COO team based in Chicago. You will also have a chance to collaborate and interact with different internal/external teams involved in the business, including Portfolio Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance teams, Transfer Agent, Custodian/Accounting Agent and Auditors.
Our offer is an ideal way to continue to expand and enhance your work experience in the fund administration business. It is also a chance to work with and learn from some of our talented people in Product, Operations, Legal & Compliance and Sales.
- A university degree with a major in accounting, finance or economics
- Prior experience in Mutual Fund Administration (2 years ideally, CPA a plus)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and the 1940 Act is a plus
- An understanding of Fund Accounting and Fund reporting requirements
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook.
- Well organized and able to multi-task
- Highly motivated and proactive with a can-do attitude
- Analytical and detailed oriented
- Confident to interact with senior levels of internal management
- Proficient in understanding risk assessment
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering all on time
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.