Property & Casualty Actuarial | Senior Associate
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 01 Feb 18 2018-02-01
PwC's Business Advisory Services group is a distinctive practice that provides audit, technical accounting, tax, regulatory, compliance, valuation services, risk management, financial analysis and cashflow modeling, outsourcing, securities processing, payments, information risk and security, data quality, mergers and acquisitions, and other services. Our integrated knowledge enables us to help our clients design solutions that work.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Our professionals assist with many of today's largest, most challenging issues impacting the following sectors:
- Asset management
- Banking and capital markets
- Consumer Finance
- Structured Products
We are also the thought leader in the financial services industry. We produce almost 150 publications and e-briefings on the financial services industry, most of which are sector specific, as well as a wide range of training and special events on issues that affect reporting and corporate governance throughout the business world.
The 1,100 professionals on PwC's global actuarial services team help clients act decisively on their most important issues. We apply our risk and analytical skills to turn complex data into the predictive insights that inform practical business solutions.
The US actuarial services team consists of 175 credentialed life, health and non-life actuaries. We provide advice and consulting services to life and health insurers, non-life insurers, reinsurers, captives, corporations and other non-insurance entities, third-party administrators, regulators, agents and brokers, and bureaus and associations.
PwC's Property and Casualty Actuarial Services team provides a broad range of commercially-focused services and solutions to:
- Personal, commercial and specialty lines insurers and reinsurers;
- Corporations that purchase commercial insurance or self-insure, including healthcare provision; and,
- Enterprises that run loyalty programs or offer extended warranty solutions.
We have experience with underwriting, pricing, enterprise risk management, capital management and modeling, financial due diligence and valuation, ceded reinsurance strategy and modeling, claims cost management, transfer pricing, and other insurance-related areas. We also have extensive loss reserving knowledge and capabilities in all personal and commercial lines of business, including specialty lines such as workers compensation, professional liability, general liability, excess casualty and mortgage/financial guaranty.
Considerable knowledge of managing traditional loss reserving and rate making projects, establishing and implementing engagement workplans, and conducting other risk-analysis related-projects that include at least one or more of the following areas:
- Economic capital model validation;
- Enterprise risk framework consulting;
- Financial performance reviews;
- Strategic planning and analysis;
- Merger and acquisition valuations;
- Reinsurance program review and expert witness testimony.
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree with documented concentrations academic background in Actuarial Science, Applied Statistics, Financial Analysis, Insurance, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative discipline
Certification(s) Required: Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society
Degree(s) Preferred: Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Applied Statistics, Financial Analysis, Insurance, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative discipline
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success in an individual contributor role on client engagements within the professional services industry involving, the following areas of the Property and Casualty sectors and how they affect clients' business processes:
- Specific subject matter areas: Reserve analyses; mergers and acquisitions; product design and pricing; litigation support; regulatory assistance; alternative markets; reinsurance; enterprise risk management
- The conduct and performance of captive feasibility studies; Transfer pricing, IRS tax disputes involving insurance reserves, Cash flow projections, Funding studies, Allocation schemes, and Retrospective rating plan premium accrual calculations.
- Interpretation and consultation on accounting standards (e.g., FASB, IFRS) as they apply to actuarial consulting and risk analyses.
- Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success to conduct statistical modeling and related applications, utilizing computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word) to conduct analyses and render findings related to Enterprise Risk modeling, Economic Capital Modeling, and/or Complex model validation.
- Demonstrates thorough ability to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters related to Property and Casualty-related matters within the context of US federal, state and local regulations and industry board standards.
- Demonstrates a proven thorough ability to engage in teamwork dynamics through working as a team member that includes the following: understand personal and team roles; contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrates a proven thorough ability and understanding to identify and address client needs, including the following: build solid relationships with clients; develop an awareness of Firm services; approach client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Demonstrates a proven thorough ability to interact and utilize effectively written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment.