Python Developer Market Data Chicago/en-US/External/job/Chicago/Python-Developer---Market-Data_REQ1636/apply
The Job Details are as follows:
Balyasny Asset Management is seeking an experienced Software Developer to work on the internal market data infrastructure. The optimal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years hands-on development experience with an excellent technical background. The candidate will be experienced in building scalable, performant data delivery systems. The candidate will have an understanding of financial markets. This person will need to be a very strong communicator, able to multi-task and have the ability to excel in a fast paced trading environment.
In the role of Python Developer Market Data, the employee will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and enhance multiple market data-related systems, built primarily in AWS using native AWS technologies.
- Deliver data from a variety of vendors, across the full landscape of market data: from streaming real-time data to static, reference and historical data.
- Work as a key part of a highly-collaborative, tight-knit team of talented market data developers
- Help build a scalable, cloud-native data pipeline capable of reliably processing very large volumes of data in a performant and transparent manner.
- Support our business users in their interactions with the data platform and ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the data delivery pipeline
- Work very closely with business users to understand and deliver on their market data requirements
- Work closely with data vendors, including Bloomberg, Refnitiv and many others, to help provide a high quality data product to the financial professionals at the firm.
- Own the full scope of the assigned projects, including liaising with the business to gather requirements, designing the solution, and building and delivering completed functionality to production
- Produce comprehensive written documentation
- Perform with minimum supervision, exercising sound judgment
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
In order to effectively represent the Company and communicate with clients, the employee must be someone who has:
- Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 4+ years development background
- Strong knowledge of Python. Rust, C++, C#, R or Java a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of systems supporting large, complex data sets in a performant, scalable manner
- Experience with AWS development a plus
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and/or Reuters/Refinitiv products a plus
- Unix (Linux) and database experience (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with object oriented development approach
- Analytical skills Ability to troubleshoot and logically assess problems and determine solutions
- Documentation skills ability to represent ideas, requirements, and problems in clear and concise documents
- Broad knowledge of electronic markets and investment products
Posted YesterdayFull timeREQ1636
Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ people in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of our people through world-class benefits.