Gelber Group, LLC Senior Recruiter Human Resources - Chicago, IL - Full Time
Gelber Group, LLC is seeking an experienced Senior Recruiter to develop and manage the full recruitment life cycle within our growing, technology-based trading firm. The Senior Recruiter will be responsible for all Recruiting initiatives--with primary focus on hiring for Technology and Trading opportunities. Qualified Senior Recruiter candidates will have had successful career experience in Technical Recruiting, building a technical candidate pipeline, managing high-volume University recruitment efforts and effectively managing ad hoc hiring needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional who will immediately engage in critical ongoing recruitment efforts and work to ensure positive momentum with hiring managers.
- Assume ownership of the full recruitment life cycle - sourcing, screening, interviewing, negotiating with, and hiring for positions throughout the company
- Work with senior management to develop and execute a plan to increase Information Technology employee headcount across various departments
- Develop a strategy to create and maintain an Information Technology candidate pipeline
- Manage an annual, high-volume University recruitment program in support of our Trader Training and Education Program—leading to the hiring of a group of 10-15 new hires
- Engage with hiring managers and staff develop job postings and interview strategies
- Conduct initial resume/phone screenings and assist with on-site interviews
- Plan and execute comprehensive sourcing and recruitment strategies using recruitment technologies and other tools (i.e. ATS, Handshake, LinkedIn, employee referrals)
- Negotiate and communicate job offers and ensure closure with non-selected candidates
- Assist in developing and improving the employee on-boarding process
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of Recruiting experience; 3+ years of Technical Recruiting for experienced-level hires
- Trading industry and/or software development recruitment experience is desired
- Ability to manage multiple recruitment activities and effectively manage conflicting priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems and recruiting-based websites (experience with Handshake and JazzHR a plus)
- Demonstrated past success in managing full life-cycle recruitment process
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Self-motivation and a desire to work with autonomy, while ensuring timely communication and involvement with others, as appropriate
About Gelber -- Passion for Trading. Powered by Technology.
For more than 35 years, Gelber has set the bar as one of the industry’s most innovative and enduring proprietary trading firms. Our success derives from a relentless pursuit of new trading ideas and careful attention to technology. We recruit and develop talented new team members, and we empower each to have a meaningful impact from the very start of their career with Gelber. Gelber fosters a culture of entrepreneurship, innovation and collaboration. We invest in the future through our technology and our talented staff, strategically committing resources to move our firm forward and help our people succeed. Gelber is privately owned and employs more than 200 staff, with the majority in Trading or related roles across multiple trading groups. We have offices in the United States and Europe, and we trade across all major asset classes worldwide.
Gelber offers a wide range of benefits to full-time employees in order to meet you and your covered dependents needs. Our comprehensive benefits offering includes:
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement program with discretionary employer match
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical coverage provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield (PPO and HDHP/HSA) and dental coverage; generous employer cost-sharing
- Tuition reimbursement for Undergraduate and Graduate courses
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; pre-tax commuter benefits for parking and transit expenses
- Life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Health club membership with on-site facilities (and reciprocal memberships)
- Generous vacation time (15-day accrual in first full calendar year of employment; prorated accrual in initial year), paid holidays, and paid maternity/paternity leave
- Weekly catered lunches and monthly continental breakfasts
- Social events including sponsored 5k races and annual holiday party
- Enjoyable work environment including a game room (foosball, ping pong, Golden Tee)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Casual, relaxed dress code
Apply: Senior Recruiter * Required fields First name* Last name* Email address* Location Phone number* Resume*
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or
Paste your resume here or
The candidate for this opportunity will be an individual with meaningful Recruiting experience--including considerable Technical Recruiting experience. Please briefly describe your experience as relates to Technical Recruiting:* Please explain your exposure to Applicant Tracking Systems--the name(s) of any system(s) used and the level of involvement and expertise that you possess:* Ideally, candidates will have experience in our exciting and fast-paced Trading industry. If you have experience in the Trading industry, please tell us about it. If you do not have Trading industry experience, please tell us what motivates you to work in the Trading industry:* In compliance with Federal Law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification form (Form I-9) at the start of employment.
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Gelber Group?* Yes No Will you now or in the future require Gelber Group to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status.* Yes No