Regional Director, High Net Worth Planning Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Regional-Director--High-Net-Worth-Planning_R200013215/apply
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
BMO Wealth Planning
As part of BMO Wealth Planning a dedicated team of highly disciplined Tax, Estate & Trust, Financial Planning and Philanthropic specialists We work alongside our colleagues to help our clients simplify the complexities of their wealth, offering our high-net worth families and executives, and business-owners a uniquely personalized experience. Planning-focused, our solutions are informed by insight, expertise and a commitment to help clients realize their family and legacy goals, at all stages of life. Using our specialized knowledge, we motivate and help our clients fulfill their wealth aspirations and provide insight that empowers them to proactively plan for the future.
The Regional Leader of Wealth Planning is responsible for driving the strategy to integrate the highest value wealth planning experience into their specific region, ensuring all Wealth Planning professionals are operating within the business team based model, upholding the defined engagement model, acting as a subject matter expert on various topics for both the local and national team, ensuring all Wealth Planners are providing valuable, high-quality plans and planning advice to clients, and increasing/influencing the adoption of comprehensive planning services across their region.
Your coaching will enable Wealth Planning Consultants to enhance the client experience, significantly deepen and broaden the client relationship, improve market share and NPS (client satisfaction scores). In addition, a critical objective of this role is to provide advanced subject matter expertise in client engagements. This includes complex Business Owner succession/transition issues and advanced high net worth situations including estate & gift, income tax & philanthropy planning.
You will collaborate closely with clients (and their other advisors) by leading high-level strategy discussions for business advisory and succession planning, along with comprehensive personal wealth planning services for families with highly complex financial needs. Our goal is to meet our clients diverse objectives, working to translate meaningful conversations into actionable ideas based on an acute understanding of their unique concerns, family dynamics, and business structures. Whether its business transition/exit strategies, tax-efficient wealth transfer, estate planning or insurance solutions, we provide a fresh perspective, working in tandem with our clients external advisors.
The Regional Leader is expected to build credibility and relationships with internal partners, external advisors and clients in order to identify and discuss overall holistic planning opportunities, as well as to broaden client dialogues and enhance client relationships. In addition, this role is market facing other duties may include presenting seminars on evolving issues and topics, thought leadership pieces and serving as a subject matter expert for the media.
Key accountabilities are:
- Provide overall leadership and strategic direction to for our wealth planning professional team:
- Recruit, develop and retain a high-performing team in order to provide the leadership and bench strength necessary over the long-term to meet the companys strategic business and growth objectives.
- Coach, motivate, develop and evaluate performance of direct reports and provide guidance and mentoring to those direct reports in the resolution of complex issues.
- Ensure team is knowledgeable on wealth products and services (including advice content, process and tools) and have a general understanding of the products and services of BMOFG and other BMO Partners.
- Be seen as the key person whose knowledge, creativity, inspiration, reputation, and skills are critical to the strategic success of your team and client relationships.
- Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
- Seasoned wealth planning subject matter expert possessing diverse skill sets for working with complex situations and business owners.
- Lead the development and implementation of the regional strategy to increase the adoption of planning within BMO Wealth Management as part of the overall Enterprise Wealth Planning strategic plan.
- Ensure that clients and professionals are provided with accurate and detailed subject matter expertise in all areas of wealth planning.
- Prior business development experience a plus
- Serve as in-house expert in providing wealth planning support on technical issues in the areas of retirement planning and transition planning, education & philanthropy planning with advanced knowledge of estate and wealth transfer planning, personal taxation and asset protection/risk management (insurance).
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, good judgment and collaborative prowess
- Strong listening and consultative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to navigate and resolve a magnitude of diverse complex financial planning situations
- Communicate complex messages clearly and with credibility
- Develop and deliver thought leadership, learning, and presentation decks on various Wealth Planning topics
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Team player and relationship builder
- Ability to partner and collaborate well internally and demonstrated success in a team based environment
- Deep experience building relationships with clients in the $10+MM segment
- Relevant professional designation(s) (CPA, JD) strongly preferred
- Relevant Masters degree and or additional certifications such as LL.M, Masters of Tax, or Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) strongly preferred
- Local market knowledge and strong relationships with Centers of Influence
- Experience managing a team of planning professionals and working with senior leaders
- Practiced in the field of business owner planning with a firm and/or held a similar role at another financial institution
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience providing complex planning advice at a senior level- direct M&A and business transaction experience a strong plus
- Deep expertise in business exit strategies, tax, estate and wealth transfer planning and philanthropy required
- Strong work ethic, works well under pressure and in a high stress, fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to manage numerous demands that need to be prioritized within tight deadlines
- BA or BS in a relevant field (business, finance, accounting, law)
- Working knowledge of eMoney, or other financial planning software
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted YesterdayFull timeR200013215 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.