Research Analyst, Technology
Research Analyst - Technology Sector Areas of Interest:
Equity Research, Investment Management
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: William Blairs buy-side domestic research team is responsible for identifying quality growth companies that will generate above-average results for clients over time with generally less risk than the market. The team identifies these companies through a combination of rigorous fundamental research and systematic inputs, following a disciplined process that emphasizes team collaboration. Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Identify and recommend new investment ideas to assist portfolio managers in generating above-market returns.
- Continue to analyze and monitor developments that impact portfolio holdings for which the analyst is responsible.
- Perform fundamental analysis on sectors and industries to aid in stock selection and portfolio construction.
- Proactively, clearly, and concisely communicate investment recommendations to portfolio managers and other analysts.
- Develop and maintain research relationships including company managements, industry contacts, and research vendors (brokers and analysts).
- Make field trips, interview company executives, and attend industry conferences to stay abreast of changes in company fundamentals and industry trends.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- >5 years of buy-side experience as an analyst in the US technology, media and/or telecom sectors.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA, CFA, and/or CPA preferred.
- Effectively prioritize time and manage multiple tasks as opportunities and issues arise.
- Ability to analyze/model financial metrics, business strategies, and valuation parameters.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation; respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Works well as a member of industry or portfolio teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of the domestic technology sector.