Research Associate - U.S. Industrials Sector Areas of Interest:
Equity Research, Investment Management
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: William Blairs buy-side research team is responsible for identifying quality growth companies that will generate above-average results for clients over time with generally less risk than the market. The team identifies these companies through a combination of rigorous fundamental research and systematic inputs, following a disciplined process that emphasizes team collaboration. Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Build knowledge of assigned industry and companies and keep abreast of related market developments and news.
- Gather and organize research data related to assigned industry and companies, and maintain accurate, current research databases.
- Collect information on financial performance, competitive industry positioning, quality of company management, etc. as directed by senior Research team members.
- Analyze market sectors and trends and conduct financial and accounting statement analyses.
- Develop and maintain financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheet and quarterly projections which are aligned with research requests.
- Assist in the preparation of industry and company reports, presentations and exhibits to summarize research findings for Research teams.
- May participate in meetings with company management, brokers, investment and research staff to obtain relevant research information.
- Document and maintain information for analysis activities.
- Ensure all work activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors degree required with concentration in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- 2-3 years of related work experience in investment research or financial services.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Financial analysis and accounting statement analysis skills.
- Basic knowledge of investment concepts and products.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with investment and research teams.
- Delivers clear, effective verbal and written communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Proficient in Internet searches and Microsoft Office products.
- Practical and capable of simplifying and summarizing complex information.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.