Scrum Master Req #:
Chicago, IL US Job Category:
Applied Technology Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Job Summary
Scrum Master's within Crowe will have a proficient understanding of product development, Agile Values and Principles, and the Scrum Framework. The Scrum Master will be focused on learning, applying and attempting to master the best practices of Agile and Scrum within their team(s).
Skill Sets Required:
- Serves the Product Owner, the Scrum Team and the Organization by helping the team focus, identify goals, achieve results, and deliver value in whatever way necessary
- Selflessly leads the Scrum Team by influencing, asking the right questions, and encouraging collaborative discussion rather than directing and micromanaging
- Influences those outside of the team using Facilitation, Teaching, Coaching and Mentoring skills when possible
- Promotes team ownership, collective and shared accountability, empowers the team and encourages transparency
- Promotes collaboration, self-organization, and helps the team and its individuals develop, perform and achieve synergy
Facilitator/Scrum Event Value Driver:
- Facilitates or Guides the Scrum Events for one or more teams as needed and ensures that guidelines around the following are enacted:
- Agile Values and Principles
- Scrum Theory, Scum Framework and Scrum Best Practices
- Definition of Done (as defined by the Team and the Organization)
- Team Agreements
- Pro-actively and continuously seeks ways to improve the value obtained from the Scrum Events
- Pro-actively and continuously focuses on ways to help the Scrum Team maximize the value of the product they are delivering
- Facilitates/Coordinates communication between the Scrum Team and those outside of the team as needed
- Builds and Measures Team Level Metrics as needed for identifying areas of improvement, providing necessary transparency, and facilitating informed retrospective discussions, etc.
Impediment/Risk/Continuous Improvement Identifier:
- Pro-actively teaches the team how to identify impediments and risks
- Fosters an Environment where the team feels comfortable and compelled to surface impediments and encouraged to solve them within the boundaries of self-organization
- Pro-actively identifies and facilitates discussions about impediments and dependencies at the team level and helps the team find resolutions if needed
- Pro-actively identifies and facilitates discussions about impediments, risks, and dependencies that are outside of the team's direct control and either leads resolution or collaborates with others to guide resolution
- Manages Impediments by helping the team ensure a resolution is found
- Manages the Scrum Process by helping the team define their process within the boundaries of Scrum’s rules and holding them accountable to following the agreed upon process
- Manages the Team’s Health, Maturity and Continuous Improvement by identifying and providing metrics that facilitate valuable retrospective discussion, and identifying and tracking continuous improvement items
- Manages the Boundaries of Self-Organization by helping the team define those boundaries, time-boxing, encouraging cross-functional collaboration, releasable results and validated learning
- Manages the Team Culture by ensuring a psychologically safe environment for all team members, encouraging transparency, providing an environment for safe failure and encouraging celebration, praise and constructive feedback
Teacher and Trainer:
- Responsible for ensuring that Scrum is understood and enacted by the scrum team(s)
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Agile Values and Principles, Scrum Theory and the Scrum Framework by the scrum team(s)
- Responsible for providing or coordinating appropriate team training around Agile/Scrum theories, principles, and best practices as needed
- Provides training to teams, communities of practices, and the greater organization as needed
Mentor/Services to Team Members:
- Counsels team members to resolve conflict when needed
- Pro-actively mentors others as requested or by sharing what they are learning within the communities of practices
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Scrum Master Experience (Custom Application development preferred)
- CSM, CSPO, PSM I or PSM II, or Scaled Agile Certification preferred
About the Team:
Applied Technology professionals at Crowe lead the software development efforts for the firm and build technology solutions in a consistent and reliable way. Applied Technology owns the software development competency for the firm, which is tied to standardized processes, practices, policies and controls for client-facing products and projects. Team members share expertise across various industries, targeting manufacturing and distribution, government, healthcare, financial services, and private equity groups based on demand from other Business Units. You will learn and build on a wide range of technologies in an environment where innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged. Hop on board to join one of the fastest growing technology consulting practices in the industry!
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package.
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations.
More about Crowe:
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.