Senior Business Analyst
44834 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
RSM is looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to our Corporate IT team! They will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. The Business Analyst’s primary responsibility is to understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Requirements Gathering
- Prepare for and conduct requirements elicitation sessions using a variety of techniques including but not limited to: brainstorming, interviews, surveys, requirements workshops, observation, task and workflow analysis, prototyping, storyboarding, document analysis, interface analysis, and focus group sessions
- Document elicitation results and validate with stakeholders to ensure stated requirements align with stakeholders’ understanding of the requirements.
- Work with business stakeholders, technical team members, and UX designers to build a comprehensive picture of the project goals, objectives, and priorities
- Strong focus on understanding the current state vs the desired future state with detailed information around core business value, pain points, process improvement opportunities, key performance indicators and user needs.
- Requirements Analysis
- Work with stakeholders, sponsor, and project manager to prioritize requirements and agree on assumptions and constraints using agile backlog management techniques.
- Organize, model, and specify requirements with the appropriate level of detail given complexity, risk, and audience
- Work with stakeholders, sponsor, and project team to verify and validate requirements through review of requirements
- Requirements Management & Communication
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional and nonfunctional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by project team members who base their work o n the requirements
- Represent requirements using alternative views (ex. models/diagrams) where appropriate
- Communicate requirements to ensure all stakeholders have a shared understanding of the solution and to secure approval from stakeholders with the authority to approve
- Manage issues and changes to baselined requirements by identifying business impact of the changes and thro ugh effective application of change control processes and tools
- Manage traceability of requirements to ensure alignment to project goals and objectives as well as alignment to development and testing plans
- Manage requirements documentation for reuse.
- Document requirements using both traditional requirements package formats as well as user story documentation as appropriate to the given project or situation.
- Develop wireframes, mock-ups, user journey maps, and other UX design documentation in connection with the product designer to drive user driven design.
- Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
- Work with project sponsors, stakeholders and project manager to document the product’s vision, and the project’s and product’s scope
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to identify any role or system that impacts or is impacted by requirements
- Work with project sponsor, stakeholders, and project manager to identify appropriate representatives for each user group and discuss their involvement in the requirements process.
- Determine the best elicitation techniques, requirements deliverables, and amount of time needed from stakeholders based upon knowledge of a given project or product; document that information in a requirements work plan that includes a clear business analysis approach and scope, requirements communication plan, deliverables to be produced, and business analysis tasks to be performed.
- Solution Assessment & Validation
- Works with project team to ensures proposed solutions align with requirements and maximizes value to stakeholders
- Defines requirements for solutions needed to transition from an existing solution to a new one
- Define acceptance criteria, perform gap analysis on proposed solutions, and make recommendations
- Work with project team to evaluate impact of defects and to develop plans for resolution or other mitigation
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, PPM and TFS
- Knowledge of defect tracking processes and tools
- Prototyping and Wireframing (UEX Design)
- AGILE methodologies
- Mid-level SQL
- Experience with Web Focus
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO JOB
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and consult effectively with employees at all levels
- General knowledge of business and IT systems
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, and initiative
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Listening, observation, and oral communication skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high- level information into details, abstract up from lo w-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish solution ideas from requirements, and to distinguish user requests from underlying needs
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to manage rapidly changing information
- Excellent writing skills, to communicate information effectively to all levels of internal customers and technical staff as well as to external vendors
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations
- Time management skills, to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of business analysis experience working in a development environment
- Experience with financial systems preferred
- Experience in developing user based applications, GUI, and web based applications
- Knowledge of product management concepts and ho w enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- Understands project management methodologies
- Experience working with 3rd party and vendor relationships
- Experience with both structured and object oriented analysis techniques
- Proven experience in operational business process improvement
- Knowledge of AGILE methodologies and other tools supporting fact based decisions
- Previous experience leading a group of 2-3 business analysts
- May lead a team of business analysts on complex pro jects or act as a mentor by providing guidance and instruction to other business analysts. User experience
- May be asked to provide performance feedback as team lead
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Financial services or accounting industry experience
- UX Design experience
- Experience with the definition of data heavy integration design and mapping requirements.
- CaseWare software experience strongly preferred.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req14775_Chicago Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Internal Client Service Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
IT Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req14775_Chicago Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Chicago, IL US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
National Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Corporate Information Technology Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
None Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing