Senior DevOps Support Engineer - Java/Linux
CMEÂ Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. Weâ€™re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career atÂ CMEÂ Group can offer you, visit us atÂ www.wherefuturesaremade.com . Description:
CME Group in Chicago is seeking an individual that is interested in providing DevOps support for a mission critical Java-based Web Application which is used to manage markets with trillions in value.
As a DevOps Support Engineer, you will be;
- Troubleshooting issues across several technologies in Dev environments, determining the root cause and working with colleagues on solutions and implementation; Verifying implementation and making adjustments as necessary, providing input into resolutions and documenting solutions.
- Bringing your expertise to continue to build our standards in areas such as deployments, working collaboratively within your team and across other technology groups
- Supporting environment setup including applications, ATDD regression environments and managing Bamboo plans
Qualities we are interested in:
- Knowledge of applicationÂ deployment/configurationÂ within a Linux platform
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with Java to configure and troubleshoot applications
- Knowledge of Oracle/MongoDB DB related experience
- Knowledge of protocols â€" FTL/Kafka
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced enterprise environment
- A passion to automate (Chef, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with DevOps tools such as BitBucket, Maven, Git
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience with DevOps.