Senior Internal Auditor
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Allstate Insurance
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We like creativity, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and likes to learn many different aspects of how a business runs. We like our auditors to be passionate about learning business processes and to take on new projects. You will apply a risk based approach to audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature. You will develop your audit programs and project plans and have full accountability for the lifecycle of your audit.
In addition, you play a key role in developing the lead auditors of tomorrow during each engagement through coaching, and delegation to ensure the project follows department guidelines and professional standards.
Our audits cover all aspects of the business, including a variety of disciplines such as distribution, customer service, product operations, claims, operations, investments, compliance, human resources and finance. Additionally, collaborate with risk management functions for coordinated engagements on large scale strategic initiatives throughout Allstate. This allows you to gain experience and learn the various areas of Allstate.
The Senior Internal Auditor:
- Manages assigned audits/audit tasks to achieve department guidelines and within established timetables with high quality results.
- Identifies process risks and controls and performs an assessment to determine audit scope
- Develops the audit program, manages the execution of the audit test procedures, including reviewing and analyzing evidence and ensuring appropriate conclusions are reached
- Drafts high quality reports and ensures findings and actions are well documented in accordance with department standards
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and exhibits strong partnering skills and ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders
- Consults through ad-hoc advisory engagements while working hand-in-hand with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects
- Contributes to department initiatives to improve Allstate IA processes including but not limited to data analytics strategies and the Fraud Center of Excellence
- Self-motivated individuals could have periodic flexibility in their work location and a complimentary shuttle is available to public transportation, if needed
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills around complex business issues
- Curiosity to learn more about Allstate’s business operations
- Excellent leadership, project, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Opportunity for occasional travel is available for those who are interested
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts with relevant experience or strong business knowledge and experience
- CPA, CIA is a plus (must be acquired within 18 months of joining the team)
- College degree or University degree required, Master’s degree a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on http://jb.al.st/BWGk6 Twitter, http://jb.al.st/BWGka Facebook, http://jb.al.st/BWGlO Instagram and https://www.linkedin.com/company/allstate/careers LinkedIn or watch a http://jb.al.st/BWGpG video.