Senior Linux Systems Engineer
- $150000 - $250000 per annum
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 May 18 2018-05-07
Linux Engineer Systems Engineer VMware Python Linux Puppet Ansible
Our client is a global, high-frequency trading firm based in Chicago, IL. They are seeking to add a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to be a leading member of their team.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the financial industry. This person will also have experience with scripting, system-level analysis, and automation. Ideally, this candidate will be located in the Chicago Area or have ties to Chicago and the Midwest.
If you are a senior systems engineer with over 5 years of experience and have ties to the Chicago Area this could be the perfect position for you!
- Knowledge of the Red Hat packaging system including creating packages from source, inter-package dependencies, version control, repositories and deployment frameworks
- Extensive Linux Red Hat (RHEL 6.X and 7.X) experience
- Configuration Management System (CMS) experience (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with server hardware especially HP (ILO) and Dell (DRAC)
- Strong experience with the VMware ecosystem including ESX, vSphere, and supporting tools
- Experience in automating all aspects of Linux system administration including mass server buildouts, surveys, inventory, asset management, and patch management
- Expertise in Perl, Python, and Bash programming, experience with Ruby, and object-oriented languages (C++/Java, etc.)
- Experience in the administration of enterprise class VMware implementations, including the use of HA, DRS, templates, cloning, and vMotion
- Experience integrating SAN, NAS, iSCSI and other storage technologies with ESX coupled with knowledge of how the physical and logical aspects of storage impact performance and reliability