Senior Operations Associate
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Downtown Chicago based $11.3 billion investment management firm seeks a Senior Operations Associate for its Chicago office. The Operations Associate is a member of our back-office team and supports the investment operations of the firm. Responsibilities include security maintenance, custodial reconciliations, trade settlement, corporate actions processing, and preparing client statements and invoices. Independent discretion and judgment is required for this role. The position also requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and computer proficiency. Strong Excel skills are required.
• Process trade orders and set up new securities.
• Facilitate trade settlements.
• Maintain all securities on our portfolio accounting system. This includes updating pricing, updating factors, and posting coupons, dividends and interest.
• Process corporate actions and reorganizations
• Reconcile accounts to their custodian on a daily basis.
• Prepare client reports on a monthly basis or as needed.
• Prepare client invoices on a quarterly basis or as needed.
• Create and maintain GIPS performance composite data
• Assist in the generation, validation, and reporting of investment performance data
• Assist in GIPS compliance and verification
• Attend operations meetings and work collaboratively with the other members of the operations team.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
• Exercise independent discretion and judgment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required: B.S. or B.A. in Finance or related field
Minimum Required: 1 to 3 years related experience
Desired: Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years in investment operations or trade support. Experience with Bloomberg, Advent APX, Advent Revenue Center, Advent ACD, and other Advent suite products are a plus. Experience with GIPS rules and composite construction and reporting are also a plus.