Senior Software Engineer
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Senior Software Engineer
Fitch Ratings is a global rating agency committed to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, research and data. Offering a world of knowledge and experience behind every opinion, we transform information to deliver meaning and utility to investors, issuers and other market participants. Fitch Ratings' global expertise draws on local market knowledge and spans across the fixed-income universe. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors make important credit judgments with confidence. Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings, has 51 offices worldwide.
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in financial services domain? Come, be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Ratings customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in full-stack application development across multiple customer facing and internal applications, involving modern front-end frameworks, data visualization components and microservices. The ideal candidate should bring along extensive test driven development experience and play a key role in implementing tools and processes that aim to improve the quality of our end-to-end code while creating a more efficient and sustainable workflow for our applications. Key responsibilities:
• Demonstrate proficiency in full-stack technologies for enterprise-scale websites and applications.
• Work as part of an agile team in design, development, debugging, and deployment efforts while addressing security, cross-browser and cross-platform expectations and concerns.
• Understand the importance of design best practices, provide effective translation to code artifacts and implement appropriate integration approach for API/data layer.
• Partner with data analysts and scientists to understand data needs, define and develop applications/ architecture, perform source to target data mapping, design, review, implement and optimize Data Engineering and ETL processes.
• Build data expertise and a deep understanding of business domain knowledge and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
• Maintain and enhance microservices based components for the application suite.
• Recommend, create and maintain development best practices and guidelines to be used across various applications.
• Write automated unit, integration, performance and visual regression test cases.
• Integrate test case execution with the CI/CD pipeline to better align with the DevSecOps strategy.
• Promote, implement, and evolve development best practices especially on commits, versioning and dependency management. Experience and Skills:
• 5+ years of experience designing and developing distributed application architecture of moderate-to-high complexity.
• 5+ years of experience with Java and associated open source technologies, such as Spring Boot.
• Experience in designing and developing scalable web application using modern front-end frameworks such as React/Vue/Angular.
• 5 + years of experience in relational (e.g.:- Oracle/Postgres), NOSQL (e.g.:- MongoDB/DynamoDB), Search (e.g:- ElasticSearch,Solr) , Messaging/Streaming (e.g:- SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka/Kinesis) data systems & distributed system concepts from a data storage and compute perspective.
• Experience in creating modern applications using Microservices based architecture.
• Expertise in modern package management, build and test frameworks (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Jest, Enzyme, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, Wraith).
• Experience with build and deployment pipelines including front end build and deployment using GIT, npm and Grunt.
• Experience working in high-performance teams using Agile methodologies.
• Experience working in teams with a heavy emphasis on Security, Automation and Quality (DevSecOps).
• Passion for emerging technologies and innovation.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Preferred:
• Experience in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Tools
• Exposure to AWS infrastructure - EC2 instances, S3 storage, Route 53, CloudFront, CloudFormation and Networking (VPC, subnets, security groups) etc.
• Knowledge on Neural Networks/Deep Learning and Experience with at least one of the DL frameworks (e.g PyTorch, Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, Keras).
• Exposure to containerization and container orchestration.
• Exposure to Atlassian toolkits such as Bamboo, BitBucket, JIRA and Confluence.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.