Senior Source Code Management Engineer
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 12 Oct 18
Responsible for supporting the Configuration Management environment primarily in the areas of applications version control and build management. Requires a solid understanding of DevOps and Configuration Management methodologies along with an expertise in Unix/Linux environments and scripting in shell, Perl, Ruby or Python.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Sr. Configuration Management Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Configuration Management environment at CME Group, primarily in the areas of applications version control and build management. The position will require a solid understanding of CM methodologies along with an expertise in Unix/Linux environments and scripting in shell, Perl, Ruby or Python. Strong communication skills are required as the candidate will typically be working with customers for support and new initiatives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of intermediate scripting, as well as writing scripting modules and tests with guidance.
- Optimizes scripting for key performance metrics; offers complex insights during scripting reviews; identifies source of defects and issues; reviews scripting to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects; and troubleshoots own scripting as well as assists others in finding bugs in own scripting.
- Shows ability in administration of SCM tools and supporting infrastructure that includes SCM tools set up on new servers; upgrades tools; coordinates with other teams to troubleshoot backend application issues.
- Uses design or analysis patterns periodically, following SDLC process independently.
- On Call support for SCM tools production issues.
- Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology (Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering).
- 3 to 5+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments, SCM tools and scripting knowledge.
- Experience/knowledge in Chef and AWS will be a plus.
- Linux platform experience.
- Proficiency with Perl or Ruby.
- Software Configuration Management tools experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.