Senior Technology Associate
Senior Technology Adoption Associate Areas of Interest:
Private Wealth Management, Project Management
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities: The PWM Senior Platform Adoption role is responsible for the training and usage of the technologies within the business. The individual will primarily focus on Salesforce (SF) and Microsofts Power Platform, which includes Power BI (PBI) and will expand into other technologies. Individuals in this role will become experts in platform usage, understand business processes and metrics, assist with workflow adoption, modifications and training. The role will also guide Advisor teams with accurate data entry and share best practices around maintaining data integrity for Salesforce. In addition, this role will help teams with building reports and gathering dashboard requirements across the technology platform. The role will also work as a Liaison between the front office (FO) and dedicated technology teams for both Power BI & Salesforce product enhancements. Responsibilities included and are not limited to:
- Initial and ongoing training of the FO for PWM technologies (SF & PBI initial tools).
- Serve as the initial support destination for SF and PBI & partner with dedicated IT product owners
- for support escalations.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Salesforce, Power BI, related platforms and technologies.
- Communicate with advisors and provide a consultative approach to identify problems and create long-term solutions.
- Proactively work with teams to understand current usage and foster adoption of technologies with a focus on best practices across PWM.
- Collaborate with FO, IT & Middle Office to enrich and maintain Salesforce data.
- Document functionality/workflow enhancements and Liaison between FO & IT.
- Foster a collaborative environment between the Front Office, Platform Adoption Team and IT
- Created By: Danielle Marcus Jan 17, 2020 Version: 2 dedicated resources.
- Ensure work activities follow established risk controls and are in compliance with applicable rules,
- regulations, policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or related subject matter required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in financial services required
- 5+ years experience working with Salesforce.com, PowerBI or other related
- platforms preferred
- Solid understanding of Excel (vlookup, Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting)
- Strong project management and prioritization skills deadline driven role
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions
- Attention to detail and quality
- Knowledge of trading operations
- Customer service oriented
- Strong proficiency in data management, including data cleanup initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem resolution skills and data management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office