Senior UX Designer
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Role Description:
Do you want to have an exciting and rewarding career in the financial services domain? Come, be a part of an agile team that delivers world-class innovative solutions to Fitch Ratings customers.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptionally talented, bright and driven team, and apply your skills in novel ways. And you will have fun doing it! Our technology stack is modern - cloud based, containerized, serverless and microservices oriented. .
We are seeking a UX Designer to work with our team on websites or web based financial products. This role will work closely with the UX and dev teams to assist with translating wireframes and prototypes into comps and mockups. The Visual Designer will also participate in the overall functionality and brand experience of the product. Key responsibilities:
Experience and Skills:
- Work with product owners and business stakeholders to produce empathetic, usable and intuitive user experience for new and existing web platforms
- Work with managers, application architects and developers to effectively implement designs
- Evolve and refine our style guide and design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback and translate them as design problems
- Define personas and storyboards for interactions
- Determine information architecture and content hierarchy
- Create prototypes, wireframes and taxonomies
- Conduct usability testing
- At least 5 years of experience in digital design practice
- Demonstrated experience and portfolio examples of complex design problem-solving efforts for sophisticated digital products and services
- Demonstrated experience of creating style guides, personas and persona-driven interactions
- Proficiency with industry tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator etc.
- Understanding of service design, user-centered design and interaction design and visual design principles
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- A high degree of creativity, empathy, passion, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organization and team interaction skills
- Must be able to work independently
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.