Service Reliability Engineer, Intermediate
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Department overview:
Fitch Group is seeking a Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the Tech Enable and Deployment (TED) team within Fitch's IT Infrastructure Group. TED partners in the design, deployment, and automation of application services across Fitch Group.
Our team is composed of backend Core Engineers and service-focused Service Reliability Engineers. We look for talented individuals who love working in cloud environments and automating wherever they can. We strive to deliver reliability, advanced environments, automated pipelines, and necessary tooling to our engineering organizations. As a senior engineering organization within the infrastructure, TED team is well supported by Infrastructure Operations, Security, Enterprise, and Network Engineering teams. TED serve as subject matter experts in Automation Tooling, Linux and Cloud technologies across our company. Job Description:
Fitch is seeking an Intermediate Service Reliability Engineer to embed with Fitch Ratings development in Chicago. They will partner with Fitch Ratings Development and Operations to: design new services, move service builds forward, containerize services, provide advanced automation and DevOps Tooling, and provide outstanding operational engineering. Service provisioning requirements include: designing, writing, and implementing Pipeline specifications, bringing new technologies onboard as Development teams require, writing CloudFormation templates, and updating configuration management systems (Chef/Ansible).
The Engineer will support planning for complex releases and service updates. They are expected to deeply understand and support the environments they are responsible for, driving service improvement through metrics and analysis. Fitch Ratings have heavily invested in Docker and Kubernetes. SREs are pivotal in the transition to this containerized, microservice environment. They will be responsible for developing best practices and templates that all client teams can leverage. This role will be key for improving CI/CD automation and service deployment in general. In addition, they join their peers in Tech Enabled and Deployment team in overall environment design and support, including Level 3 on-call rotation. Position Requirements:
• Tightly partner with Development groups to build and deploy better services
• Develop Operational targets and telemetry with Development clients
• Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations using tools such as Sonar
• Responsible for application integration activities for monitoring tools using tools such as DataDog, SumoLogic and the alert integration with collaboration tools such as MS Teams
• Analyze software applications to identify vulnerabilities using tools such as JFrog Xray, Veracode, Sonar.
• Design and maintain infrastructure automation tools
• Production experience with Docker/Kubernetes at scale
• Design and evolve deployment systems and pipelines for reliability, security, and efficiency
• Gain deep understanding of supported services
• Implement system and service telemetry to improve reliability and availability
• Develop deep insight into application and service performance
• Execute on security best practices for cloud deployments
• Ensure system security through industry best practices The candidate must possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, Route53, ELB, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, etc.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working with Windows, Linux, IIS/.net, and Java environments at scale.
• Familiarity with APM and service telemetry environments
• Deep knowledge of Git and Jenkins or Bamboo
• Familiarity with Agile principles
• Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible
• Ability to script using PowerShell, Python, or bash.
• Understanding of containerization and experience leveraging Docker
• Solid knowledge of cloud security and best practices
• Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams.
• Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
• Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including agile
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.