Site Reliability Engineer
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- NJF Search
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Our client is searching for a Site Reliability Engineer to help grow their technical operations.The successful candidate will be working very closely with their traders and business team. They are looking for engineers who bring technology innovation and enthusiasm to the team to tackle new problems as they continue to push technology forward
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Configuration management of multiple production silos, covering multiple asset classes.
- The uptime, capacity, and performance among other aspects of day-to-day operations of trading systems.
- Working with development teams in regression testing functionality and stress testing application servers for capacity and performance.
- Building automation and processes that reduce the impact of mistakes. Revise software designs to mitigate failures in other parts of the stack.
- Contributing to the quality of service lines by participating in product development starting with the inception stage.
- Working on tactical tools development for the traders and business teams.
- Managing critical and direct communication lines with Traders, Business Managers, and Development Leads on all aspects of projects.
SUGGESTED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Solid knowledge of Trading Systems Applications including OMS and FIX engines.
- Solid experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, Perl, Python, Sybase SQL, Shell Scripting. Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment.
- Must have an understanding of building and managing large-scale systems and application architectures.
- Proven experience of application support and administration.
- Proven problem-solving experience, turning around with solutions in a demanding timeline.
- Experience with software analysis, leading to bug fixing, development, code enhancement is desirable.
- Experience with testing methodologies and test tools is desirable.
- An ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and deliver results with 100% uptime.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills applicable to a dynamic trading environment