Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Software Architect Job Location US-IL-Chicago | UK-London Job ID 2019-3434 Posted Date 4/17/2019 Category Next Generation Product Management Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-IL-Chicago
- Do you want to help shape the future of the consulting industry?
- Do you want to work with Bain's most senior stakeholders on strategic Global priorities?
- Do you want the variety and dynamism of a technology start-up environment within the comfort of a major management consultancy?
Bain & Company is one of the world's leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. It was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients' financial results. Bain's clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,150 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world.
A career at Bain & Company will provide the opportunity to learn in a collaborative teaming environment, drive impact to support our 'Results' mission statement. The firm has a passionate and rich culture that offers an unparalleled business experience that can carry throughout a career. We hire dynamic individuals that are dedicated to achieving both personal and professional goals.
Bain's Next-Generation Product Management (NGPM) team has been set up to help Industry and Capability Practices digitize their Intellectual Property through a diversified set of technology, services, and support.
The team supports practices, case teams, and clients through various product delivery models including best-in-class partnerships with leading SaaS vendors, product development using industry-leading low code engineering platforms, and developing highly complex custom software solutions and products.
In addition to core product development, the team fills critical gaps through a growing technical services catalog including technical architecture and design assessments, expert architecture consulting, business automation and integration, and infrastructure hosting and support.
Underlying these products and services is Next Gen’s Customer Success Program, ensuring the tools are setup and configured according to the case team and client’s needs, end-users are on-boarded and trained properly, and a global support structure is in-place to quickly answer any questions or address issues. The results of these efforts are a greater ability to sell cases effectively, serve clients efficiently, and drive capability transfer.
The team is seeking a Senior Specialist, Software Architect to join the NGPM team. Working under the guidance of the Program Manager and alongside the team’s Senior Architect, Project Managers, User Experience Designers, and Tools Specialists, this multi-faceted role will help drive the overall engineering approach for NGPM tools and products.
This includes defining the technology stack for custom-built solutions, overseeing the overall architecture and design, providing strategic and tactical direction to development teams, taking part in hands-on development, conducting formal code reviews, ensuring performance and scalability baselines, and driving overall quality standards. This is a highly visible role within Bain and will help to set the architectural direction of both NGPM products but also at the Bain enterprise level as well.
Design and Architecture:
- Provide technical leadership and architectural direction to internal and external development teams on the design, development, implementation, and deployment of highly usable and scalable software
- Participate in system coding and engineering alongside development teams, including performing formal code reviews and providing feedback on structure, maintainability and quality of code
- Strictly enforce and maintain adherence to best practices in the area of security, performance and load, scalability, usability, maintainability, and supportability of software
- Perform in-depth technology evaluations and risk assessments of vendor software and platforms
- Participate in estimation, planning, and costing of new projects and initiatives across multiple metrics
- Lead rapid-prototyping efforts with new and emerging technologies to assess technical fit and risk
- Lead in build versus buy assessments, working to evaluate trade-offs of various options, and present final recommendations to senior stakeholders and management
- Investigate and keep up-to-date on emerging and cutting-edge technologies, lead knowledge sharing
- Drive innovation through out-of-the-box thinking to solve critical business challenges and demands
- Ensure on-going product adherence to technology standards, business objectives, and requirements
- Monitor work to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery, identify and address technical obstacles and roadblocks, work with product teams to triage, prioritize and issue hot fixes for system defects
- Support the rollout and implementation of software to clients, provide end-user support as needed
- Minimum 5 years designing, architecting, and delivery of custom applications and cloud solutions
- Experience with cloud architectures and services (AWS, Azure), analytical tools and technologies, visualization and BI platforms (Tableau, Power BI), and integration frameworks and patterns a plus
- Willingness and desire to be hands-on and code alongside the development teams
- Ability to ruthless prioritize time and tasks according to business needs and value, avoid low-value add daily fire-fighting in order to hit long-term goals and objectives
- Results focused, keeping an eye on the overall outcome and desired impact
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interface across many areas and levels of Bain
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to think outside the box and try new things, not be afraid to fail
- Ability to travel as needed, including internationally, up to 25% of the time
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS