Software Engineer II
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 17 Nov 18
Software Engineer II
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
- Participates in design discussions and helping to create architecture/design artifacts
- Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working (little exposure).
- Develops unit tests with minimal guidance.
- Exhibits elementary knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modeling and tuning.
- Exhibits elementary language knowledge proficiency; writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
- Helps with code optimization based on delegated tasks. Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues and finds own bugs.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to re-engineer data models and flows
- Supports QA,/Certification, and Production environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 1- 2 years of software development experience required
- 1-2 years Java development experience
- 1-2 years' experience developing and support in a big data environment
- Proficient in SQL knowledge, database modeling nice to have
- SDLC knowledge and comfort working in a process-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great interest and ability to work in a collegial and teamwork oriented environment
- ETL experience is required, use of Informatica or UC4 a plus
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks (Hadoop, tools such as Hive or Pig) a plus
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, EC2, EMR, S3 a plus