Software Engineer III - back end Java
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Software Engineer III engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions for clearing applications to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world. The developer would be part of team managing clearing applications comprising of internal and 3rd party software. The developer would be responsible for changes and new requirements for the projects. The candidate would also be working on supporting the current application architecture in Production and New release. Responsibilities:
- Design and code application modules independently adhering to the best practices and write unit tests and CI/CD requirements.
- Participates and contributes in architectural and code review discussions and ensures optimal design and coding standards are followed.
- Proactively reviews code to identify defects in early stages of development and resolve defects and propose optimal solutions at code.
- Meet and comply with the DevOps and Global information Security guidelines in developing and deploying applications to different environments.
- Perform system level testing and manage environments using DevOps tools.
- Manage individual and team projects priorities, deadlines and escalate risks or bottlenecks in a timely manner in an AGILE setting.
- Provide necessary development support for code deployments to QA & higher environments
- Maintain the status of all user stories in the Jira project and update all relevant documentation in the confluence site.
- 5+ years of experience in java software development preferably in a financial industry.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or engineering or any related discipline.
- Excellent java programming language experience with in depth understanding of core java, concurrent programming, lock-free algorithms
- Experience designing high throughput, high availability and fault tolerant applications.
- Strong analytical ability and experience providing creative optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Proficiency in bash shell/python scripting on Unix/Linux based environments.
- Good knowledgeable in front end frameworks like Spring MVC, React
- Knowledgeable in SQL, NO SQL and database modeling.
- Experience/knowledge in DevOps/CI/CD tools like Chef, Bamboo, Git, Stash, Jenkins and AWS will be a plus
- Effectively communicate complex problems in a simplified manner.