Sr Director Agriculture & Alternative Investment Products
- Not Specified
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 27 Feb 18 2018-02-27
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more. The Senior Director is responsible for expanding the CME Group customer base and increasing revenues and volumes from new and existing customers within the Livestock product space. He/She will also play a lead role in the development and launch of new products and associated business opportunities. The position requires a keen understanding of CME Livestock products both in the derivative and in the cash/physical market(s) as well as the target customer segments. This position will identify and prioritize key players and top targets and corresponding opportunities for growth in line with broader CMEG product growth objectives, and develop strategies and tactics to capitalize on the growth opportunities.
- Develops the strategy and business plans for a product line or for an identifiable functionality across product lines.
- Ensures the strategy aligns with BLM strategy.
- Responsible for product lines or functionalities within the business line and is accountable for their profit and loss.
- Identifies product specific or functionality specific partnerships, alliances and opportunities.
- Applies extensive knowledge of product functionality or product line when representing CME Group to external audiences (e.g. clients).
- Works with other business units and functions (e.g. Technology, Clearing, Marketing, Research etc.) to implement new products and direct and influence cross-functional teams in executing Livestock business strategies and tactics including campaigns, targeted communications, white papers, videos etc.
- Offers in-depth knowledge of specific CME Ag products to the targeted customer segments. Generates new customer business in Livestock products.
- Educates existing and prospective customers about the benefits and opportunities Livestock products provide to risk managers and traders, with ability to compare/contrast to competitor products.
- Acts as liaison to key industry trade groups and customers. Maintains good relationships with various sales and distribution, Ag based futures/options brokerage companies, and vendors in their international region.
- Develops and manages execution of detailed business plans, ensuring that all financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and utilizes all available/applicable information to improve/optimize strategic decision making.
- Partners with product development teams to develop, launch and build markets for new and innovative products.
- Applies comprehensive understanding of industry issues to advise on the future direction of a critical discipline at CME Group.
- Directs team members, project teams, and peer departments' activities regarding internal projects, and is accountable for associated work product(s). ·
- Leads and manages with conviction and integrity, modeling professionalism, dedication, fairness and respect in the workplace.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Livestock and derivatives markets.
- Extensive experience working with clients to facilitate their understanding of the application of CMEG's products to their trading, investment and risk management needs.
- A thorough understanding of CMEG Livestock products is needed.
- Bachelor's degree with advanced degree preferred.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Personal and professional competencies:
- Must have strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Business Acumen--It is critical that this person has considerable knowledge in commodity futures and options products and electronic trading technology. The selected candidate must be adept at problem solving and have a keen awareness of the ever-changing marketplace.
- Leadership and Judgment Skills--This person must have the ability to influence and inspire colleagues through his/her vision and convert this "buy in" into value-adding changes to existing products and improved client service. He or she must be able to work with other senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Strategy Sales and Marketing Skills--The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to identify customer needs and use consumer knowledge to evolve services and products and create effective sales strategies.
- Interpersonal Skills--Demonstrated communication abilities are essential with the ability to positively interact with sensitive customers.
- Managing Performance--Must show a demonstrated ability to translate business goals into performance objectives and hold one's self and others, as appropriate, responsible for results.
- Excellent Analytical Acumen--Will have demonstrated the ability to assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and ultimately actionable strategic recommendations. This encompasses performance standards, budgeting and staffing analysis.
- Software Requirements: Windows Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).