Sr Risk Mgmt Associate
- Not Specified
- Chicago, IL, USA Chicago IL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more. The role of a Senior Risk Management Associate in the CME group is to support the development and maintenance of the risk management framework. Additionally the Sr. Associate will ensure effective and timely communication of pertinent analysis of monitoring and validation efforts. We are open to both Chicago or New York Locations.
• Conduct risk review of clearing member firm
• Gain knowledge and expertise of the existing risk management systems and tools including SPAN.
• Monitor the markets (specific asset class/classes) on an ongoing basis and take appropriate actions to manage the risk.
• Provide a high level summary of the market activity to senior management.
• Train and mentor junior members of the team ensuring succession planning and continuous growth of the team.
• Work on adhoc data analysis projects (Ex to provide backtested data to the CFTC or for the DCO review).
• Work with experts and risk specialists to design, develop and implement market risk measurement strategies.
• Work with IT and development teams to enhance the existing systems and assist in implementation and backtesting including bug fixes.
• BA or BS in a quantitative field
• MBA preferred
• 3 to 8 plus years’ experience involved in a risk management, mid-office, or related area involved in commodities, FX, or Interest Rates futures.
• Must possess demonstrated quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work flexibly in a team environment
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to articulate complex concepts to senior management and external traders on a regular basis